Monday, July 20, 2026

Hell's Kitchen Radio #620: Lauson Loves Amy


Listen to this show right here!!!

Listen into all my shows here!

Subscribe to my show, via Subscribe via iTunes

What an honor it was to have in my darling daughter, Lauson, who wanted to host a tribute to her fallen hero: Amy Winehouse, who passed away 15 years ago this week. Lauson has really come into her own as a show host. All these sets up to the L7 set are hers. For as long as I can remember, Lauson's favorite artist is Amy Winehouse. She has been inspired by her since she was a youngster, and I know a lot of the music she listens to has either inspired Winehouse or was inspired by her. I hope you're as impressed by these sets as I am.

Lauson is a natural on mic, having started with me 14 years ago when she was just a wee seven year old. Listen to her now! And stick around for her new airname!!!

Daniel, aka: DJ Charlie Daniels Hologram, was in the house, and contributed many a fine vocabulary term. 

We also take the last 30 minutes or so to remember Jennifer Finch of L7, who passed from brain cancer last Saturday.

Fuck cancer!

Next Monday night I have live concert photographer Rob Coons in the studio. You really must check out his photos. I know he's going to have a lot to talk about when he joins me in Hell's Kitchen. Tune in.



Enjoy and please share.

jh

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM Pacific
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Blue Sky
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Instagram


Tears Dry On Their Own: Amy Winehouse
That's Life: Frank Sinatra
Remember (Walking in the Sand): The Shangri-Las
'round Midnight: Thelonious Monk

In My Bed: Amy Winehouse
It Don't Mean A Thing: Sarah Vaughn
Unchain My Heart: Ray Charles
I Used to Love Him: Lauren Hill
Made You Look: Nas

Body and Soul: Amy Winehouse and Tony Bennett
All of Me: Ella Fitzgerald
Monkey Man: The Specials
Girl From Ipanema: Amy Winehouse
You Got Me: The Roots ft. Erykah Badu

What Is It About Men: Amy Winehouse
Right As Rain: Adele
Mercy: Duffy
Get Free: Lana Del Rey
You Sent Me Flying: Amy Winehouse

Pretend Your Dead: L7
Shitlist: L7
Wargasm: L7

Shirley: L7

No comments: