Monday, April 01, 2019

Hell's Kitchen Radio #361: Little Hell and Me

Stream the Teenage Dream HERE!

Download the Annoying Whine HERE!
Listen into all my shows here!
Subscribe to my show, via Subscribe via iTunes

Little Lauson Hell isn't so little anymore. Dang. What happened to my sweet, little, lovable, goofy little girl? Oh right, she's a teenager now. Ugh. Lauson has been joining me twice a year on my show for the past seven years. I've always enjoyed witnessing her musical evolution. Her love of The Beatles continues, but it's her discovery of artists like Frank Sinatra that really surprises me. At 14 I would expect her to listen to more pop-centered tunes, but then I remember that she's my daughter, and that I play a lot of alternative genres and artists at home. She did remind me that I don't play enough contemporary hip-hop. I need to do something about that.

I do take issue with her flagrant LIES about my love for Foo Fighters. Let me go on the record by stating unequivocally that I do not like the Foo Fighters. If I did, you wouldn't hear the end of them on my show. I don't understand why they're as popular as they are. How the hell do they sell out stadiums? It doesn't make any sense! Don't get me wrong, I think Dave Grohl (whom my brother-in-law thinks I look like) is talented and funny, but that doesn't make me a fan of the band!

Lauson enjoys getting my goat. I wonder where she got the sarcastic sense of humor from? Hmmmmm.....

We talk about music, high school, attending live shows at a young age, her friends, and just what makes a teenager tick.

Back to the music. I've denoted Lauson's selection with a "L" next to the track. It was nice to hear her say that she could co-host with me every week. Glad to see she's got the radio bug. She'll be back again this summer.

Enjoy.

Want to hear more shows featuring Little Lauson Hell?

First show in 2012
Second show in 2014
Third show also in 2014
Fourth show in spring of 2015
Fifth show in the summer of 2015
Sixth show in summer 2016 along with Saucy!
Seventh show was also during summer 2016
Eight show was December 2016
Ninth show was July 2017
Tenth show was in August 2017
Eleventh show was July 2018

jh

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

In the Ghetto: Elvis Presley
Deuce: Redd Kross
Spice Girl: Aminé - L

100 Grandkids: Mac Miller - L
In Every Home A Heartbreak: The Melvins
One Top Of Old Smokey: Harry Belafonte

Crocodile Rock: Elton John - L
16 Shells From A Thirty-Ought-Six: Tom Waits
Bad Guy: Billie Eilish - L
Sonic Reducer: Dead Boys

Love On The Brain: Rhianna - L
It's A Man's World: James Brown
New York, New York: Frank Sinatra - L
N.I.B.: Brown Sabbath

I Get A Kick Outta You: Tony Bennett
Remote Viewer: OCS
Love of My Life: Queen - L
Drown In My Own Tears: Ray Charles

Warm Hands: Ty Segall and the Freedom Band

Ob-La-Di- Ob-La-Da: The Beatles - L

King Buzzo is none too happy about Dave Grohl either.

No comments: