Monday, April 12, 2021

Hell's Kitchen Radio #433: Born Secular

Download the Ride of your Life HERE

Listen into all my shows here!
Subscribe to my show, via Subscribe via iTunes

A night with nothing to prove. After last week's country/americana show, I feel like I needed to cleanse myself with a variety of genres. That's the usual as you may know. There's lots of music that's new to you on here. Ace of Cups first ever release (2018), Joe Strummer compilation, prank phone calls to religious radio stations, Ethiopian jazz master, Chilean psych, Irish neo-folk, the king of Be-bop, a rediscovered folk gem, rumbling guitar, punk, funk, and junk. 

See how far I go for you?

In the weeks to come I'm planning a few specials: Hello/Goodbye, days of the week, time of day, and a multi-part special on John Dwyer of Thee Oh Sees, Oh Sees, OCS, Damaged Bug, Yikes, Coachwhips and many more bands. 

So much to look forward to, coming up Monday's 8-10PM Pacific on Radio Valencia.

And don't forget about John Hell's Live Bootleg Bonanza, Monday's 6-8PM Pacific, where I pull full shows from my vast live bootleg collection. Take a look at this blog for previous shows. Tune in every Monday to see what I have planned.

Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

Police Truck: Dead Kennedys
Feel Good: Ace of Cups

Love Kills: Joe Strummer
Prole Art Threat: The Fall
Modern World: Melvins

Let's Have a Party: Wanda Jackson
The Catholics Are Attacking: Pop O Pies
Sticky Situations: National Hardwood Floor Association
Blue Nile: Mulatu Astatke and the Heliocentrics

Here In The Dark: Aoife Nessa Frances
Latinarabia: WatchOut!

I Was Denied: Thee Oh Sees
Circles: Moon Duo
White Rabbit: The Great Society
Klaunstance: Charlie Parker

Crayon Angel: Judee Sill
Hippie Boy: Flying Burrito Brothers

Born Secular: Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins
Puppet Show: Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
Special Radio Edit Mix: Negativland

Bad Reputation: Reverend Horton Heat
Law of the Jungle: Link Wray
The Frisko Freeze: The Mummies
Uncontrollable Urge: Devo
Jesus: Velvet Underground
What A Wonderful World: Louis Armstrong

No comments: