Monday, September 23, 2024

Hell's Kitchen Radio #543: See All The Colors

Listen to this show right here!!!

Listen into all my shows here!

Subscribe to my show, via Subscribe via iTunes

This is one of those times when I really count my blessings. Everyone has their struggles, so don't let me start getting into my own. Does any of it really matter? No. None of it matters. Holding a grudge does nothing but take the time away from having a really good time. And isn't that what we want: to have a really good time?

Why suffer? What does it bring? What have we gained by our own suffering? Experience? Isn't there any other way to grow? I've learned more lessons than blah, blah, blah. Is this what life is all about: learning lessons so as not to repeat the same mistakes over and over again? What if I learned a lesson, put in my best effort, asked all the right questions, opened myself up to scrutiny and vulnerability, articulated my boundaries, and still tripped?!

What then?

Throw it all away? Remain alone for the sake of caring for my heart? Risk appearing aloof or uncaring just so I don't have to clean up a mess that I worked diligently to avoid happen in the first place? We're not a solitary species? But what's so bad about being alone? I have my music to keep my warm. Even the kids grow up to live their own lives.

Enjoy the moment. That's all we have. Meditate on that. You can do your best to make up for the past. Take accountability even when it feels impossible. Make amends. Speak your truth with the most compassionate head and heart. Be the best listener. Ask the deeper questions. Be vulnerable and available for the criticisms that will come your way (and they will come!).

Prepare for the future, knowing as hard as you do, life has a way of throwing a lot of curveballs at you. Be calm through the storm. Flow like water. Respond, don't react. Breathe. Always breathe. And know that everyone else is going through the shit too.

All we have in now. It's only now. It's always now. Bring your best now. Now. And do not beat yourself up if the best you have now is not the same as what others are bringing. Never compare yourself to others, ever. You'll lose that battle. So don't do it. Rise above that. You're not rising above others, you're rising above the idea that others are above you. No one is above anyone else. We're all treading water in our own way. Our job is to do it as calmly as possible. Don't fight the waves. Don't fight the tide.

Flow like water.

Forgive.

Love.

Be. Here. Now.

And listen to good music. 

There's some pretty good music here. New The Jesus Lizard, Ty Segall, Dale Crover, WAND, and a bunch of other stuff I think you're going to love. I love it, anyway.

And if you want to support what we're doing, please consider donating. This is labor of love, and we all pay monthly dues to keep the lights on and the turntables spinning. We need help maintaining the equipment we have, and regularly replacing worn out parts. We also have a deep desire to update our website. If you know anyone that can donate items for a raffle please let me know. Thanks in advance.


Enjoy and please share.

jh

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram 

Kasalefkut-Hulu: Mulatu Astatke
Sevda Olmasaydi: Altin Gün

Theme de Yoyo: Art Ensemble of Chicago
Down Home Girl: The Coasters

Help Save The Youth of America: Billy Bragg
Youth of America: Melvins
Bang Bang: Nancy Sinatra
The Tide is High: The Paragons

High Time: WAND
Enemy Destruct: Thee Oh Sees

Teenie Weenie Boppie: Free Kitten
Purple: Ken Nordine
Golden Gate Park: The Catheads
2 Drunk 2 Fuck: Avenue D
Fuck the Police (edit): NWA
Rudy, a Message to You: Dandy Livingstone

Lord Godiva: The Jesus Lizard
Blood Like Cream: Red Fang

I Waited Forever: Dale Crover (ft. Ty Segall)
Killer: Alice Cooper
Gathering of the Ancient Tribes: GOAT

The Dance/Walk Home Pt.2/First Touch: Ty Segall
Rise: PIL

No comments: