Monday, September 16, 2024

Hell's Kitchen Radio #542: Can't Spell Malfunction Without Fun

Listen to this show right here!!!

Listen into all my shows here!

Subscribe to my show, via Subscribe via iTunes

I was this close (you'll have to imagine me holding my fingers really close together) to playing only three or four tunes for the entire two hours. And then I realized that's foolish when I brought a whole stack of albums with me. 

The first hour was only about four tunes though. Hard Bop (I originally wrote that as "Hard Bob" and that would have probably lost me a few listeners...or added a few), Free Jazz, Kraut Rock and modern Free Jazz/Electronic. Then I realized I really had to start sharing some other treats, including new Nick Cave, The Bell Rays and King Gizzard. There's also a 50th anniversary remaster of the Frank Zappa classic Apostrophe that I threw in. It's the album that got me into Zappa, though I admit I'm not as obsessed as my boy The Alchemist (Saturday nights on Radio Valencia).

If you like what you're hearing, please check out our other shows. This station was started with the mission of having real live DJs curate shows from their own deep knowledge of music, not from some algorithm. We're proud of the work we've put in. 

And if you want to support what we're doing, please consider donating. This is labor of love, and we all pay monthly dues to keep the lights on and the turntables spinning. We need help maintaining the equipment we have, and regularly replacing worn out parts. We also have a deep desire to update our website. If you know anyone that can donate items for a raffle please let me know. Thanks in advance.


Enjoy and please share.

jh

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram 

Suite Sioux: Freddie Hubbard

Selflessness: John Coltrane

Flowers Must Die: Ash Ra Temple
London: Angel Bat Dawid

Wild God: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Killer of Peace: Crow Jane
Children of the Grave: Brown Sabbath
Reoccurring Cave: Pancho and the Wizards

Wolf's Sun: The Bell Rays
Crash Dancing: Sgt. Splendor

Apostrophe (Side One): Frank Zappa
I'm Feeling Alright: Big Mama Thornton

Antarctica: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
Goo Goo Much: The Cramps

No comments: