Listen to this show right here!!!
Listen into all my shows here!
Subscribe to my show, via 
So punk photographer Rob Coons (AKA: Rob Taco) gave me a ring asking if he could come in to co-host a Punk covers night. What was I supposed to say? I jumped at the chance to collaborate with Rob on such a fun show.
I've played a ton of covers in the past, but Rob's idea was to play both the cover and the original. He also wanted to make the point that many covers came from originals that were as far from Punk as one could get! He wasn't kidding.
I played along, but only played the covers.
Daniel (AKA: DJ Copper Stripper (who knew there were at least three meanings to this moniker???)) was present but neglected to bring any vinyl along. WTH DJ CS????
I'm curious how many of you knew these were covers?
We had so much fun we've decided to host a part two in the coming months.
Also, now that we're getting closer to fall, it's time to prepare for my 16th annual Annual Annual. I think we're going with 1967, unless Copper Stripper gets his way and we do 1933. I also like the idea of doing 1982, but I did 1981 last year, so probably not.
If you're unaware of this special, I play at least two hours from one year. Last year I played four hours from 1981 and it was amazing.
My 16th annual Annual Annual will be sometime in late November. Stay tuned.
Next Monday night I'm thrilled to have Kate Vargas and Eric McFadden of Sgt. Splendor in the studio playing tunes and talking up their residency at Soiled Dove in Alameda. Talking to Kate and Eric is always a treat.
Tune in and enjoy.
jh
Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM Pacific
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm
Follow me on Blue Sky
Follow me on Instagram
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Instagram
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love: Minutemen
Eight Miles High: Husker Dü
Eve of Destruction: The Dickies
Wild in the Street: Circle Jerks
Wild in the Streets: Garland Jeffreys
Police on My Back: The Clash
Police on My Back: The Equals
Steppin' Stone: Minor Threat
I Will Always Love You: Me First and the Gimmee Gimmees
Louie Louie: Black Flag
Goo Goo Muck: The Cramps
Goo Goo Muck: Ronnie Cook and the Gaylads
Pills: New Your Dolls
Pills: Bo Diddley
I Don't Wanna Grow Up: The Ramones
I Don't Wanna Grow Up: Tom Waits
Looking at You: The Damned
Looking at You: MC5
Truckin': Pop-O-Pies
Ofortuna: Botch
Ofortuna: Karl Orff
Goin' Blind: Melvins
Goin' Blind: Kiss
Hurdy Gurdy Man: Butthole Surfers
Hurdy Gurdy Man: Donovan
12XU: Minor Threat
Gloria: Patti Smith
Son of a Gun: Nirvana
What A Wonderful World: Joey Ramone

No comments:
Post a Comment