Monday, November 28, 2022

Hell's Kitchen Radio #497: Join The Hell Army

Listen in right HERE 

Listen into all my shows here!
Subscribe to my show, via Subscribe via iTunes

Monday night was a real treat. I was in the mood classic American Blues from the early 20th century; the roots of Rock and Roll. I also have a number of 2022 reissues including Miles Davis, Kiss, David Bowie, The Beatles, and Michael Jackson! I don't think I've ever played Kiss or Michael Jackson on my show. There's even a brand "new" release from The Doors!

And the funny thing about Kiss, is they were my first favorite band. When I was about seven years old my family was living in Greensboro, North Carolina. My father's job took him from my birthplace of Toledo, Ohio down to the south. My aunt came to visit. She had been working at a popular record store, Peaches, and brought gifts! She brought me the first four Kiss studio albums and Kiss Alive II. I was hooked. This was in late 1977 or early 1978. It wasn't long until I joined the Kiss Army, replete with fanzines, posters, stickers and more! I wish I still had all of that stuff. Thanks mom. 

I even dressed as Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley for a few consecutive Halloweens. My sister, Tracy Hell, was kind enough to adorn me with the makeup. Thanks Tray!

And then I discovered The Beatles. At the tender age of ten I thought you were only allowed to have one favorite band. So long Kiss. 

Next Monday, December 5th is my 12th annual Annual Annual. I choose one year to feature and have a Hell of a lot of fun doing so. Which year will I pick? What songs will I play? Tune in Monday 8-10PM Pacific to find out.

Check out the playlist below and click on the link above to stream or download this show. 

Enjoy and please share.

jh

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram 

Burning Spear: Thee Oh Sees
Some Velvet Morning: Vanilla Fudge

Paris Blues: The Doors
Tallahatchie River Blues: Mattie Delaney
Guitar Boogie: Blind Roosevelt Graves

Let Me Be Your Big Dog: Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee
Stagolee: Jesse Fuller
Killin' Floor: Howlin' Wolf
Ramblin' On My Mind: John Mayall with Eric Clapton

Quicksand (1971 Demo): David Bowie
I Wanna Be Your Dog (Fast Version): The Stooges
Anglehead: The Monkeywrench
Public Image: PIL

Yaphet: Miles Davis
Total Freedom: Spacin'

God of Thunder: Kiss
Glorious (Drunk Last Night): Polkacide
Tomorrow Never Knows (Take One): The Beatles

Miserlou: The Trash Women
The Ecstacy: Ennio Morricone (The Good, The Bad and The Ugly)
Billy Jean (Home Demo 1981): Michael Jackson

Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out (Moondance Outtake): Van Morrison

No comments: