Sunday, September 19, 2021

John Hell's Live Bootleg Bonanza - Monday 6-8PM Pacific - Joni Mitchell (1969) & Simon and Garfunkel (1968)

John Hell's Live Bootleg Bonanza

Monday's 6-8PM Pacific

http://radiovalencia.fm


DOWNLOAD THIS SHOW RIGHT HERE!!! 


Monday's are a time I really look forward to. I get to dive into my bootleg library and choose something special I think you'll enjoy. I recently had a listener chime in asking what folk I have. I have a ton of folk, by a bunch of great artists. Tonight I have two shows from two artists at the peak of their folk prowess.

First up, Joni Mitchell live at the Mississippi River Festival, Southern Illinois University, July 7, 1969. This is shortly after her award winning, and gold certified album "Clouds" was released. She in fine form here with her songs and banter.

There is some scratchy vinyl sounds on this boot, but well worth sharing with you. 

LINEAGE: Boot LP -> Sound Forge 6.0 at 24 bit 96Khz -> click and crackle remover plus lite NR scrubbing ->Bit conversion to 16 bit ->Resampling to 44100hz (Noise shaping was applied to this and the previous process) ->Track Splitup ->FLAC via Flac Frontend Level 6, sectors aligned and verified>WAV>Cool Edit Pro v1.2>FLAC 6


The headliner tonight is the one and only Simon and Garfunkel, live at the Hollywood Bowl, August 23, 1968. This is everything you know it's supposed to be. A stellar soundboard, and performance from a duo that was hard to beat at this point in their career. Performed a few short months following the release of "Bookends", this show is considered one of the finest in a magnificent career. And the recording is incredible.

Lineage: SBD > unknown > CDR > act > FLAC

As usual, following the Monday night show, I will post the link at the top of this page for you to download this show and keep it. 

If you miss seeing live music as much as I have, then I think you're really going to enjoy my Monday night Live Bootleg Bonanza on Radio Valencia. I have thousands of shows from hundreds of artists and bands, spanning many genres. Every Monday is a chance for me to share some treats with you. I hope you enjoy and share the music. MAKE A REQUEST!!!

Have you tried out our iPhone or Android app yet? Get them where you get your phone apps. I love the iPhone app and use it every day.

Stick around Monday's 8-10PM Pacific for my weekly music mix, Hell's Kitchen Radio. Lots of new music to share with you every week.

Enjoy and pay it forward.

jh

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM Pacific
Radio Valencia in SF

http://radiovalencia.fm
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

 

No comments: