Monday, March 15, 2021

John Hell's Live Bootleg Bonanza - Monday, March 15th, 2021 - 6-8PM Pacific - Parliament/Funkadelic & James Brown

 

John Hell's Live Bootleg Bonanza

Monday's 6-8PM Pacific

http://radiovalencia.fm

It's time to get funked up! I think we all need to get our booties movin', and I cannot think of a better way to spend two hours on a Monday night than this show right here.

Let's start off with a band that brings the party to your town: Parliament/Funkadelic! By 1978 they were legendary for their stage shows. They brought everything AND the kitchen sink to stage to turn you on. This show from Holland in 1978 will make you sweat. And what a lineup!!!

George Clinton, Bootsy Collins, Phelps Collins, Bernie Worrell, Gary Shider, Gary "Mudbone" Cooper, and whoever else they could fit on the stage!


The only way to follow up this show is with another funk great. How about the master of ceremonies, the hardest working man in show business, the Godfather of Soul? 

I spent some time this weekend watching some live James Brown from 1981 and I cannot believe how much energy he had in him at the age of 48! Still doing the kicks and the splits! I think I broke my hip just watching that show. I have many favorite eras of the Godfather, mostly 68-74, and tonight I'm going to turn you on to an exceptional show Switzerland in 1973. This show is on fire and a must have for any James Brown fan. 

This classic lineup features the JB horns of Maceo Parker, Fred Wesley, and St. Claire Pickney; John "Jabo" Spark on drums, Cheese Martin on guitar, and Fred Thomas on bass. Backing vocals are most likely Vicki Anderson and Lyn Collins.

I was honored not only to have seen James Brown perform live three times, but I also got to interview him when I hosted a Friday mid-day Jazz/Soul/Funk show at KFJC. Thanks James!

Stick around 8-10PM Pacific Monday night for Hell's Kitchen Radio. Lots of new sounds for you to consume. 

Enjoy.

jh 

No comments: