Monday, April 27, 2020

Hell's Kitchen Radio #390: Too Little Monkey Business

Download the Jibber Jabber HERE

Listen into all my shows here!
Subscribe to my show, via Subscribe via iTunes

So, I think I'm getting the hang of this shelter-at-home thing. I have more music playing than usual, and I'm actually getting along with my family! Who knew that bonding with family is actually a thing?

And when it comes to hosting my weekly show, Hell's Kitchen Radio, on Radio Valencia, I have more time to go through my collection to choose music I think you'll enjoy. This show was fairly diverse, and a lot of fun to put on for you.

I was reminded the other day that May 3rd is fast approaching, which means another James Brown birthday special is due. Many of you know I am a huge JB fan, and I co-host the annual KFJC 26 hour James Brown birthday special "Doin' It To Death", every year on his May 3rd birthday. Alas, this year, the special is not happening; a TRAVESTY!

But do not be alarmed, this Monday night, 8-10PM (PDST) I will be playing two hours of James Brown and James Brown-related material. So get your funky dance shoes ready to groove. Get on with your bad self, because John Hell will have you gettin' up on the get down Monday night at 8.

As for this show, take a look at the playlist below and enjoy.

If you're on the podcast page on Radio Valencia, then you will notice the little white dice on the green field. If you click it, you will be taken to a random show of mine. Go ahead, click the dice, take the ride. Thanks to my boy, Wrybread, for putting that together.

Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

All Along The Watchtower: Peter Laughner (Cinderella Backstreet, The Cellar, Sandusky, June 24, 1973)
I Contain Multitudes: Bob Dylan

Early in the Morning: Ty Segall
Aman Iman (Water is Life): Tinariwen
Roll Another Number: Josh Tillman

Freya: The Sword
AC/DC: The Sweet
Addicted To Love: Ciccone Youth

The Night Does Not Belong To God: Sleep Token
The Ossuary: Sleepytime Gorilla Museum

Blind For All To See: Shrinebuilder
Life on Mars: Seu Jorge
You're Killing Me: Segun Bucknor
Am I Black Enough For Ya?: Schoolly D

For The Lost Souls: Samsara Blues Experiment
God Is People: Flat Eathers
I've Got You Under My Skin: Frank Sinatra
A Day In The Life: The Flaming Lips

Legend In His Own Mind: Gil Scott-Heron
Can't Help Myself: Brother Joscephus and the Love Revival Revolution Orchestra
What A Wonderful World: Louie Armstrong

No comments: