Monday, November 05, 2018

Hell's Kitchen Radio #350: Boy Crush Delight

Stream the Love HERE!

Download the Obsession HERE!
Listen into all my shows here!
Subscribe to my show, via Subscribe via iTunes

I admit it, I have a serious crush on Garage/Psych rocker Ty Segall. In the past 10+ years he has taken the garage rock revival by storm, and continues to reinvent himself with each successive release. He's known for releasing something new, whether on a 7", LP, or even cassette(why???) every few months, with a rotating cast of very talented characters, mostly including guitarist/drummer Charles Moothart and bassist Mikal Cronin.

Honestly, I could have used another two solid hours to showcase his music.

Segall left San Francisco a few years back after he acknowledged that artists couldn't not afford to live in a city that is quickly becoming the playground for the rich. Heading back to his birthplace, SoCal, he set up a new home studio and committed to producing quality rock 24/7. He hasn't let us down.

On this show I try my best to present his music in a chronological order, but because of time constraints I couldn't include each release of his over his short but prolific career. Take this as a snapshot of a genius in the making.

I also take the opportunity to talk about the California propositions for the November 6th ballot. How did you vote? Even if you aren't happy with the outcome, please stay involved in politics. We need every voice to count.

Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

Cherry Red: Ty Segall (Singles 2)
Kill Someone You Hate: The Traditional Fools (S/T)
Valley of the Jams: The Traditional Fools (S/T)
River: The Traditional Fools (Fools Gold)

Lovely One: Ty Segall
Standing at the Station: Ty Segall Band
Girlfriend Ty Segall Band
You Make The Sun Fry: Ty Segall
I Can't Feel It: Ty Segall (Goodbye Bread)

Ms. White: Ty Segall (Singles)
I Am Not A Game: Ty Segall and White Fence (Hair)
Fuzz War: Ty Segall Band (Slaughterhouse)

Take Up Thy Stethoscope and Walk: Ty Segall and Mikal Cronin (Reverse Shark Attack)
Thank God For The Sinners: Ty Segall (Twins)
It's Over: Ty Segall (Manipulator)

20th Century Boy: Ty Rex (Ty Rex)
Baby Big Man: Ty Segall (Emotional Mugger)
Hazemaze: FUZZ (FUZZ)

Feel: Ty Segall Band (Live in SF)
Talkin': Ty Segall (Ty Segall)
Pre-Strike Sweep: Goggs (Pre-Strike Sweep)

Alta: Ty Segall (Freedom's Goblin)
Isolation: Ty Segall (Fudge Sandwich)

Have you ever seen Ty Segall perform live? What an excellent experience. Enjoy.


No comments: