Monday, October 29, 2018

Hell's Kitchen Radio #349: You're Suffering In It

Stream the Horror HERE!

Download the Suspense HERE!
Listen into all my shows here!
Subscribe to my show, via Subscribe via iTunes

If you find yourself face to face with Satan and you were asked what scares you most, what would you say? Would you claim the briar patch? Dark chocolate and caramel scare the bejeezus outta me! And cats. Soft, cuddly cats, who purr and want to sleep on my lap. *shiver* Don't even get me started about a shopping spree at my favorite local record stores. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

You think Satan would see right through that? Maybe they would turn my favorite things into something I would retch about later. Great! Maybe I'll spend eternity in time management workshops?

I bet I would get some really creative costume ideas if I spent some time in Hell. I feel like my costume vessel is pretty empty these days. A number of years ago I took the position that whatever you choose to be for Halloween you should be a dead version of it. I've been a dead hockey player, a dead judge, dead Jesus (cross and all. There's a longer story there), dead bartender, dead cab driver, dead hippy, and dead Deadhead.

Tonight I come to you as a very alive DJ. This week's show kind of writes itself. There is almost too many Halloween-themed songs out there to share. My job is to curate the perfect two-hour set for your enjoyment. I think I get close. It's scary and silly enough to keep you interested, and I even try my hand at delivering a few mic breaks in verse.

Don't be afraid of the afterlife, when life is scary enough. These are trying times my friends. We need to hold one another closer than ever before. And please remember to VOTE next Tuesday, November 6th. The future of our world is really depending on you. I recommend you vote Democrat (I'm Independent) to balance out the branches at the federal level. Trump doesn't need a blank check.

Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

Science Fiction Double Picture Show: Rocky Horror
It's Halloween: The Shaggs
The Fly: The Mummies

Red Right Hand: Nick Cave
Digging My Grave: The Flesheaters
Halloween: Mudhoney
Double Dare: Bauhaus

I Put A Spell On You: Marilyn Manson
The Creature From The Black Leather Lagoon: The Cramps
Little Demon: Screamin' Jay Hawkins
Night of the Vampire: Roky Erickson

Hallowscene: Blush Coffin
Halloween: Siouxise And The Banshees
We Love The Dead: Electric Wizard

Ghost Bitch: Sonic Youth
Suspiria: Goblin
Hanging Garden: Savage Republic

Thangsgiving: Happy Fangs
Now I'm Being Zombified: Alien Sex Fiend
Lexicon Devil: The Germs

Falling Elevators: MC 900 Ft Jesus
What's He Building In There: Tom Waits

No comments: