Monday, October 31, 2016

Hell's Kitchen Radio #279: Trick AND Treat

Stream the Spooky, HERE!
Download the Fear, HERE!
Listen into all my shows here, or just scroll down

It was a Halloween sPoOkTacUlaR show tonight. I'm not much on holiday themes, but something about this aprticular holiday inspires me to go the extra mile. You can't say that John Hell ever phones it in!

Tonight features some of my favorite spooky treats, along with two new tunes from two of my favorite ladies. Phat Man Dee sent me a track that is perfectly scary as well as apropos for the 2016 election cycle. If you don't get the willies from "Fourth Reich Rising" then perhaps you're dead already. Good for you!

Queen delphine has been building up her stage chops for a couple of years now and this Cramps cover has certainly shown that she's not too shy to put a bug in your ear (oh good lord will the puns ever stop?). "Human Fly" is will put a buzz in your ear and make you think twice before you pull out that can of Raid. Eric McFadden on guitar. I posted the video at the bottom of the page.

The rest of the show is full of horror movie themes, spooky spoken word, and very dark magic. It's just what Hell ordered.

The holidays are officially upon us, and the election is just days away. Time to run screaming!

Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

I Love Living in the City: Danko Jones
The Mercy Seat: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Delia's Gone: Johnny Cash

Human Fly: Queen delphine (premier)
Bloody Hammer: Roky Erickson
My Car: Groovy Ghoolies

All I Want for Christmas is Halloween: Happy Fangs
Night Crawler: Thee Oh Sees
Free the Freaks: CCR Headcleaner
Naked Lunch Excerpts: William S. Burroughs
Monster: Three Day Stubble

Fourth Reich Arising: Phat Man Dee
Helpless Corpses Enactment: Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
Meat: Idiot Flesh

Judgement Day: Jack O'Fire
My Biggest Mistake: Joan of Arkansas
Dracula's Daughters: Redd Kross
Lord 13: Monster Magnet

We Love the Dead: Electric Wizard
King Beef: Torche
Remover: Owl

Monster Wizard: Zig Zags
Uncle Powderbag: OBN IIIs
Motorhead: Ty Segall Band

In and Out of Grace: Mudhoney

As promised, Queen delphine and her newly released video for the Cramps classic "Human Fly"

No comments: