Monday, September 28, 2015

Hell's Kitchen Radio #235: Birthday Treat

Stream the celebration, HERE!
Download my birthday extravaganza, HERE!
Listen into all my shows here, or just scroll down


It's my BIRTHDAY, so that means that I get to play what I want. That's pretty much every week, or so you think. Most weeks I take a few requests, and like to even stretch my own comfort zone. Tonight it's all about what John Hell wants to hear. Just take a gander at that playlist!

There's some amazing new music from Sweden's Dungen, SF's Golden Void, and Austin's OBN IIIs, as well Thee Oh Sees from earlier this year, and even this new band, that you really need to look out for: The Flat Earthers (full disclosure: that's my band).

Still celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Grateful Dead, I played a gem from this date in 1972, from New Jersey. I actually played quite a few live tracks tonight. 

I'm sure you'll find the music and banter worthy of your time. Please share this with your music-loving friends.

Enjoy.

jh

PS: I like chocolate
PPS: With sea salt
PPPS: And caramel

Hell's Kitchen with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

Little Red Hen: Taj Mahal
On The Road Again: Canned Heat
I've Been Loving You Too Long: Otis Redding

Feelin' Alright: Joe Cocker Mad Dog's and Englishmen
Basta: Louis Prima and Keely Smith
Howling Wolf: Muddy Waters
Funky Woman: Parliament

Why Does Love Got To Be So Bad: Derek and the Dominoes
Done Somebody Wrong: Allman Brothers Band

Game is my Middle Name: Betty Davis
Me and Baby Brother: War

Franks Kaktus: Dungen
The Beacon: Golden Void
Withered Hand: Thee Oh Sees

4KD: OBN IIIs
Feel: Big Star
Powerman: The Kinks
Only Son of the Ladies Man: Father John Misty

We Don't Quit: The Flat Earthers
NFA/GDTRFB/NFA: Grateful Dead (09/28/72 Stanley Theater, Jersey City, NJ)

Last Goodbye: Jeff Buckley

Here's some live Golden Void for you to enjoy. They're playing Bottom of the Hill in SF, November 13th See you there.


No comments: