Monday, July 21, 2014

A Season in Hell #181: Art of the Segue

No guests tonight; just you and me. If you tune in regularly to my show, then you know that I don't often stick to one genre. Tonight is especially true. I'm all over the place, but I do believe that I tie it together in a nice tight, well-segued bow. Radio really is the art of the segue.

There's some new music from The People's Temple, Boris, Black Monolith, and Zig Zags. There are some classics that you've never heard before. There's a tribute to the late, great blues guitarist, Johnny Winter to start it off.

Enjoy radio the way it was born to be: a canvas painted with broad strokes by a DJ/artist trained in the art.

Download this canvas straight onto your device, here.
Stream the medium directly into your ear, here.
Take a gander at all of my shows here, or just scroll down.

Enjoy.

jh

A Season in Hell with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia, 87.9FM in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook

Up in Smoke: Cheech and Chong
Manish Boy: Muddy Waters and Johnny Winter
B.B. King Medley: The Hourglass (Duane/Greg Allman

Jubilee Street: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Rokhev: Bar Kokhba
Douche bags on Parade: Mudhoney

Randy: Zig Zags
Ruins: Material
Things Ain't The Way They Used To Be: Mingus
The House on the Hill: The Mummies

If You Wanna Roll: The People's Temple
The Curve: Golden Void
No Bones for the Dogs: Joe Gibbs
Mr. Music: Sly Dunbar

Miles Runs The Voodoo Down: Miles from India
Heavy Rain: Boris

Void: Black Monolith
Cult Leader: Dopethrone

Rollin' Out: Moon Duo

No comments: