Monday, July 07, 2014

A Season in Hell #179: Joyful Noise

Here's a fine grab bag of joyful noise for your listening pleasure. Other than the amazing Coltrane track, it's all vinyl tonight. Oh, and the opener and the Shakti tracks are off of my iPod. Don't hold it against me. I really do prefer to play all vinyl, but I have so much music is various formats, that you really can't blame me if I slide a digital track in there from time to time.

Tonight's show is a good eclectic mix. Check out the video below regarding the John Coltrane track. I had no idea, but my respect for the master just increased exponentially. There's new music from Feral Ohms, Golden Void, Boris First Aid Kit, and Black Monolith. We've got rock, punk, garage, noise, jazz, and folk. How about that?

Am I meandering? I can't really tell. I haven't slept much in the past few nights, and I drove 450 miles in 8 hours on Sunday. Everything is a bit of a fog. If you see me on the street, go easy, OK? Thanks.

Stream something new into your life, here.
Download a fresh sound we can all be happy about, here.
Listen to all of my sermon's here, or just scroll down.

Enjoy.

jh

A Season in Hell with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia, 87.9FM in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook

Cuban Pete: Dezi Arnez
Lost Weekend: Wall of Voodoo
Joset of Nazareth's Blues: Titus Andronicus

Living Junkyard: Feral Ohms
Video Violence: Lou Reed

FFF: public image limited
The Secret Life of Arabia: David Bowie
The Bogus Man: Roxy Music

Atlantis: Golden Void
Handsome Nick: The People's Temple
I Stayed Up All Night Long: The Holy Kiss

Pursuance/Psalm: John Coltrane
Lotus Feet: Shakti with John McLaughlin

Quicksilver: Boris
Eris: Black Monolith

Encrypted Bounce: Thee Oh Sees
The Bell: First Aid Kit
John The Fisherman: Primus

See It My Way: Mikal Cronin

No comments: