Monday, June 24, 2024

Hell's Kitchen Radio #533: I Got An Earworm

Listen to this show right here!!!

Listen into all my shows here!

Subscribe to my show, via Subscribe via iTunes

Do you ever have days when you just can't get a song out of your head? I have many days like this. Oftentimes it's when my 6-year-old son, Bodhi is singing "The Wreck of the Old 97", but then there are days when I hear a phrase and it leads me right to a song. More often than not I like the song. I heard the best way to get these songs out of your head is to sing it, start to finish. That works when I know all the lyrics, obviously. I prefer my method: share it with you on my show.

I couldn't get "White Girl" from X out of my head all Monday, so it's only fitting that I started my show with it. As usual I did some record shopping recently, so I had to share some fun crate-digging scores. There's the new Shannon and the Clams, which is breathtaking. If you know, you know.

I also have some new Melvins and Oh Sees later in the show. As for new-to-me, I found the GOAT Levitation Sessions, which I'm quickly wearing out from so much play at home. Zig Zags put out a new album full of recently re-recorded classics. I also have some classic San Francisco Punk with Inflatable Boy Clams and Fuck-Ups. Not to be missed!

And continuing with my love for religion (blech) there's some Negativland and Butthole Surfers to bless you. 

You'll note you won't hear me doing an intro. It appears I neglected to click a button! Rotten Ronnie Donovan would joke about the DJ error.

Something for the entire family, every Monday 8-10PM Pacific.

Enjoy and please share.

jh

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram 

White Girl: X
My Dear Watson: The Headcoats
Ramblin' Man: Hank Williams

The Hourglass: Shannon and the Clams
Take a Letter, Maria: RB Greaves
Little Red Rooster: Big Mama Thornton

Under No Nation: GOAT
Islands in the Sky: Death Valley Girls
Blue Jay Way: The Beatles
Chifara: Mulatu Astatke

Marin: Inflatable Boy Clams
Christianity is Stupid: Negativland
Bar-B-Q Pope: Butthole Surfers

Brainded Warrior: Zig Zags
Nisaba in the Grass: Luna
Midnight Steamer: Jerusalem

Void: Ty Segall
Pain Equals Funny: Melvins
Powerman: the Kinks

Cassius, Brutus & Judus: Oh Sees
White Boy: Fuck-Ups


No comments: