Monday, May 20, 2024

Hell's Kitchen Radio #529: From The First Hello

Listen to this show right here!!!

Listen into all my shows here!

Subscribe to my show, via Subscribe via iTunes

No guests. No training. Just you and me and a whole hell of a lotta music. Musically speaking this may be my best show of the year so far. There are some inspired sets I think you're gonna love. And these are some of my longest sets too!

In my early radio days at KFJC we had to follow the clock and break at :10, :20, :40, and :50, as well as play a legal ID at top of the hour. Each break we had business to attend to: announcing other shows , public service announcements, ticket giveaways, and other bits and bobs. This gave us a 20 minute sweep at the bottom of the hour, and one at the top (except for that pesky legal ID).

I've kept to that clock pretty much throughout the years. I like the idea of stopping often enough for you to know who I played, while also having a few longer sets where I can stretch out some. I often get a bit more dissonant during these sweeps.

I wasn't strict with the clock tonight. 

I also went shopping at Stranded Records on Sunday. New music from Goat, Melvins (best album since the Big Business days IMHO), and Meatbodies. Lots of music to drop your panties to. A brief tribute to Steve Albini (more to come on that loss). And so much more. Take a look at the playlist below. Click the link above to listen in.

Enjoy and please share.

jh   

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram 

Fight the Power: Brownout
Louder Than A Bomb: Public Enemy

Munaye: Mulatu Astatke
Behind the Wall of Sleep: Jazz Sabbath

Timeless Awareness: Goat
30 Seconds Over Tokyo: Pere Ubu
America's Most Blunted: MF Doom and Madlib

She's Got Weird Arms: Melvins
The Pharmacy: Crow Jane

Bulldog Front: Fugazi
Heartattack and Vine: Lydia Lunch and Nels Cline
Tupelo Blues: John Lee Hooker
Golden Hair: Hope Sandoval and Warm Inventions
Mind Daze: Psychic Ills

Radio Friendly Unit Shifter: Nirvana
Pink: Boris
Anlatmam Derdimi: Altin Gün
Slip It To The Android: Chrome
Float Along - Fill Your Lungs: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

Gate: Meatbodies
Moonage Daydream: David Bowie
From the First Hello to the Last Goodbye: Jane Morgan

No comments: