Sunday, February 19, 2023

John Hell's Live Bootleg Bonanza - Monday 6-8PM Pacific - Ray Charles (1966) and Amy Winehouse (2007)

 

John Hell's Live Bootleg Bonanza

Monday's 6-8PM Pacific

http://radiovalencia.fm



Looking through my catalogue of shows I try to put together a night that Bill Graham would be proud of. Let's see if I can find two artists who would have really enjoyed playing on the same bill together. I think I hit the jackpot tonight!

First up I have a classic set by one of the hottest artists of his day: Ray Charles! This show from October 22, 1966 at the Palais Sport in Paris is one of my favorite shows of his. And the quality is really top notch, especially for the time. I'm surprised this was never officially released. I'll need to look into that.

Every song is a smash.

Lineage: Soundboard > SHN > flac > mp3 320kbps

Our headliner tonight would be so humbled to be playing in the top spot, and it would not be false modesty. Amy Winehouse was never false. If anything she had imposter syndrome, which is bad enough. I really wish she found a way to get clean and healthy. My daughter, Little Lauson Hell really is quite obsessed with her, and I can understand why!

Check out this show from Glastonbury, June 22, 2007. She was on top of her game at this time in history. You'll note some fadeouts during this set. I had to get rid of the DJ chatter. This is a FM source.

Lineage: FM-MASTER - Grundig FineArts T-IR / AS-IR line-out > line-in SBLive! > HDD > WAV > normalized to 98%, than track splitting > FLAC level 8 > mp3 320kbps

I throw some Staples Singers in there between acts for some quality filler, from June 8, 1986 at the Chicago Blues Festival. What a solid act they were.

You can find my mostly-complete list of live shows right here. Have a request? Leave a comment.

Support these bands. Buy their officially released music and merch, and never ever sell live bootlegs. These are for trade only.

Stick around for my weekly music mix: Hell's Kitchen Radio, Mondays 8-10PM Pacific.

Enjoy and pay it forward.

jh

Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram    

 

No comments: