Sunday, October 16, 2022

John Hell's Live Bootleg Bonanza - Monday 6-8PM Pacific - Khruangbin (2021) and Father John Misty (2022)

 

John Hell's Live Bootleg Bonanza

Monday's 6-8PM Pacific

http://radiovalencia.fm



In the there's-so-much-good-new-music-why-would-I-continue-to-share-older-shows-with-you department, first I would say I play plenty of newer artists on this show, thank you very much. And secondly, just take a listen to what I have on tap for you tonight!

This first band really blew me away when I discovered them somewhat recently. Hailing from Houston, Texas, Khruangbin is a fascinating trip that mixes rock and global influences including dub, surf and funk into their mostly instrumental tunes. And what a joy they are to look at!

This show from Austin City Limits, at the Moody Theater in Austin, September 13, 2021 is a great glimpse into a band that is hitting their creative peak. They have a lot of Spanish and Middle Eastern influences in their sound too. I have played them a few times on my Monday 8pm show, Hell's Kitchen Radio, and I'm excited to have this live show to share with you tonight.

Lineage: HD cable > TiVo Premiere > PC via kmttg > VideoReDo > .ts files > mp3

Our headliner tonight is none other than son of a ladies man, Josh Tillman, aka: Father John Misty. I was first turned onto him when the FJM debut release "Fear Fun" was released, and I was immediately struck by his tongue-in-cheek lyrics and excellent storytelling. I was lucky to see him live a few times during his first tours, including at the Fillmore in SF, and Hardly Strictly Bluegrass.

This show is a digital broadcast from St. David's Hall in Cardiff, UK, is from April 3, 2022 featuring music from his the career of FTM. It's a stellar show with many remarkable performances of favorite songs.

Lineage: digital broadcast (cable) - Vistron VT 855 - Audacity - xACT (MPEG-1 Audio Layer 2 / 192 kbit/s) > mp3

You can find my mostly-complete list of live shows right here. Have a request? Leave a comment.

Support these bands. Buy their officially released music and merch, and never ever sell live bootlegs. These are for trade only.

Stick around Monday's 8-10PM Pacific for my weekly music mix, Hell's Kitchen Radio. Lots of new music to share with you every week.

Enjoy and pay it forward.

jh

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook

Follow me on Instagram    

 

No comments: