Thursday, December 23, 2021

On The Turntable: 2021

So what has John Hell been listening to in 2021? Too much to list right here. I can tell you about the 2021 releases that stood out to me, however. There was a lot of sonic goodness that came out this year; some brand new releases, remastered sets, box sets, and rare delights. I have not included everything I added to my library, only 2021 releases. Nor have I included the hundreds of live bootlegs I downloaded.

What music turned you on in 2021? Leave me a comment please.

Tune in Monday's 8-10PM PST to listen to all of this and more.

New releases (In alphabetical order):


Daddy Longhead: Twinkle

Christone "Kingfish" Ingram: 662



Ty Segall: Levitation Sessions

2021 Remasters:


Black Sabbath: Mob Rules

Black Sabbath: Heaven and Hell


Neil Young: Old Ways


John Lee Hooker/Canned Heat: Hooker 'N Heat


Thelonous Monk: Alone in San Francisco


Neil Young and Crazy Horse: Way Down in the Rust Bucket

2021 Anniversary Releases (all of these include many extras, including demos, alternate takes, alternate mixes, and live versions):


Frank Zappa: 200 Motels

David Crosby: If I Could Only Remember My Name


Deluxe Editions (These all include alternate takes and live versions):



Misc (Some incredibly sweet delights. Many live, some reissued, some never before heard):





No comments: