Monday, August 10, 2020

Hell's Kitchen Radio #404: We Don't Quit

Download the Mind Meld HERE

Listen into all my shows here!
Subscribe to my show, via Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe to my Spotify Podcast HERE!

A little bit of this, a little bit of that. I'm not one to really reminisce much, but when it comes to music, it's all about reaching deep to connect the rich past with the progressive future. What does it matter what genre is played, as long as it gets played up against something that just feels right, right? Right.

In my early days of radio, when I was just a green newbie at KFJC, I recall the debate: play nothing but the newest of the new, and the edgiest of the edge, versus the need to add a taste of "accessible" sounds to hold the new music together like glue. I subscribe the view of the latter. If you tune in regularly, than you know that I always enjoy finding something new to share with you. You also know that my library runs deep. I can't wait to play that "classic" you never knew existed, or haven't heard in so many years, you forgot that you loved it.

That's how I roll.

In my most recent show it is indeed about going deep to blend genres and emotions, to take you on an aural journey into the night (I am on 8-10pm after all). New music from Oh Sees and Mikal Cronin, along with some covers that you'll be searching for as soon as you hear it from me.

As always thank you for your support. I really love being able to do this for you, week after week.

On tonight's show, I feature some new music from Bay Area power trio KnightressM1, along with some psychedelic cumbia, some funky jams, and whatever strikes my fancy along the way.

Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

This Land Is Your Land: Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings
Every Day I Have The Blues: Fleetwood Mac

Rollin' and Tumblin': RL Burnside
Mona: Bo Diddley
Dreary Nonsense: Oh Sees
Guardian Well: Mikal Cronin

Dead Cowboy: Lightning Bolt
Runnin': The Pharcyde
Ambush In The Night: Bob Marley

Anti-Love Song: Betty Davis

Sweet Leaf: Brownout
Dirt: Iggy and the Stooges
SOC MED Digital Heroin: Public Enemy

Rise Up With Fists: Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins
Tennessee Stud: Nitty Gritty Dirt Band with Doc Watson
Anesthetize Pt. 1: Porcupine Tree
Space Conquest: Angel In Heavy Syrup

All I Want Is Out Of Here: Daevid Allen
Welfare City: Eugene McDaniels
Oh I Long To Feel Your Arms Around Me: Father John Misty
Satori Pt. 1: Flower Travelin' Band

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised: Gil Scott-Heron
We Don't Quit: Flat Eathers
What A Wonderful World: Louis Armstrong

No comments: