Wednesday, July 08, 2020

Hell's Kitchen Radio #400: Who's Counting?

Download the celebration HERE

Listen into all my shows here!
Subscribe to my show, via Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe to my Spotify Podcast HERE!

Another round number show in the books. 400 shows is nothing to sneeze at, and looking back at my 30+ years in radio it's more like 1200 I'm guessing. That's something to be proud of, and I am. I love having this platform to share my love of music with you all. Thanks for tuning in when you do. You do tune in, don't you?

I was looking back at shows 100, 200, and 300 to get an idea if I did anything "special" for those shows, and what I found didn't surprise me at all. They were just ordinary shows, with my playing new music and music that's new to you. Therefore I present you my most recent show that just happens to have a nice large round number associated with it.

Also, looking at my actual show count on Radio Valencia I see that I have hosted over 400, because I don't number the many specials I host. It's all good. Who's counting?

New music from Marissa Nadler, Psychic Ills, and Flesh Eaters. RIP to Ennio Morricone. Cover tunes you didn't know you needed. And so much more.

Tune in Wednesday noon-2PM (PDST) for my next Live Bootleg Bonanza show. This is my third week hosting this. I dive deep into my vast live bootleg library to share a treat with you. And this week I have two shows to share: Allman Brothers from 1970 and a Peel Session featuring T Rex also from 1970. This is going to be great! 

Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

Fairies Wear Boots: Brown Sabbath
This Is Not A Song, It's An Outburst_ Or, The Establishment Blues: Rodriguez
For My Crimes: Marissa Nadler

Parchman Farm: Mercury Rev ft. Carise van Houton
I Don't Wanna Grow Up: Tom Waits
I'm A Man: Ty Segall
Something In The Air: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

I Don't Mind: Psychic Ills ft. Hope Sandoval
Mellow My Mind: Josh Tillman
Fourth of July: Negativland
Teenage Kicks: The Undertones

Black Temptation: Flesh Eaters
Buy Her Candy: Sleater-Kinney
Southern Girls: Cheap Trick (Steve Albini mix)

Fourth of July: Dave Alvin
Back in the USA: Chuck Berry
The Big Gundown: Ennio Morricone
I'm So Bored with the USA: The Clash

The Sicilian Clan: John Zorn
Cross the Breeze: Sonic Youth
The Boss: James Brown
Are You Glad To Be In America: James "Blood" Ulmer

Wild America: Iggy Pop
Gimme Shelter: Grand Funk Railroad

White Punks On Dope: The Tubes
What A Wonderful World: Louis Armstrong

No comments: