Monday, September 18, 2017

Hell's Kitchen Radio #316: A Little Dab'll Do Ya

Stream the Musical Encyclopedia, HERE!

Download the Training Manual, HERE!

Listen into all my shows here.

You can subscribe to my show through iTunes here.

When you start out in non-commercial radio today there's such a learning curve when it comes to deep musical knowledge and history of the many genres one can investigate. When I started in 1988 I never thought that I would be able to conquer that mountain of musical mayhem. Almost 30 years later I find that I have a fairly intimate knowledge of many genres: early Jazz, Bebop, Post-bop, Chicago Blues, 60s/70s neo-Punk, 70s Classic Rock, 60s/70s Underground Funk, 60s American Psychedelia, Kraut Rock, 2000s Stoner Rock, all-things James Brown, Miles Davis, Grateful Dead, Melvins, and on and on and on...

I really feel for the new breed DJs who want to break into this scene today. There's just too much damn great music to listen to. I was looking at a collection of digitized music of mine recently, and I cannot believe how much I haven't even spent time listening to and getting to know on a deeper level. What the hell is wrong with me?!?!?! I really think that I need a gofundme for people to contribute to so I can take time off work so I can be able learn all this music to better entertain you.

There's a world of great music out there to enjoy. I appreciate you tuning in every Monday night, and/or streaming/downloading these shows to help you broaden your musical horizons.

Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

New Day Rising: Husker Dü (October 17, 1987 The Ritz, NYC)
Eye Shaking King: Amon Dull II
Stop the Pusher: Bo Diddley

Moth Tongue: Crystal Fairy
The Pusher: Nina Simone
Detachable Penis: King Missle

High Heel Sneakers: Rahssan Roland Kirk
Sophisticated Sissy: Rufus Thomas
She Caught the Katy: Taj Mahal
Big Chief: The Meters

Aquarian: Sleep
Moving to Florida: Butthole Surfers
Wealthy Man: Cat Power

Sea of Joy: Blind Faith
Out of Focus: Blue Cheer
Mr. Brown: Bob Marley

Messin' with the Kid: Buddy Guy and Junior Wells
Machine Gun: Jimi Hendrix
Oh Me: Meat Puppets

Neptune's Convoy: Fu Manchu
The Klan: Gil Scott-Heron

Bitches Brew: Miles Davis

No comments: