Monday, March 06, 2017

Hell's Kitchen Radio #294: Battle of Witty

Stream the Competition, HERE!

Download Musical Marathon, HERE!
Listen into all my shows here.
You can subscribe to my show through iTunes here.

Spinning a two hour set is always a hoot for me, but having a co-host who meshes with my style, and also knows how to throw me a surprise of three is always a real pleasure. On Monday's show I was thrilled to have Radio Valencia's Gatsby Fassbinder, host of Tighten Up Your Wig, Thursday's 4-6PM. If you like my show you're going to love his. Like myself, Gatsby is a walking encyclopedia for all things that he knows he knows. His tracks are marked by "GB".

New music from Melvins side project, Crystal Fairy, featuring Teri Gender Bender of Le Butcherettes. Also, new music from Meatbodies from their latest LP "Alice". A brand new 7" is out from Zig Zags that is more metal-y than previous tracks, but no less scary. A classic Iggy Pop/James Williamson track from "Kill City", a love song from Diamanda Galas, and the greatest fucking rock band of all time (next to the Melvins) SLEEP!

It's safe to say that tonight was all about the ROCK! The talk is cheap and so are we. Not much more to add. I'd prefer to allow the music do the rocking.

Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

She: KISS
Slow Ride: Fu Manchu

Sweet Self: Crystal Fairy
Hell Toupee: Iron Prostate
The Kettle: Colosseum -GB

I Got Nothing: Iggy Pop/James Williamson
Living, Dying, Living/In A Zombie World: The Accused
Ripping Death: Zig Zags
Alice: Meatbodies -GB

Do You Take This Man?: Diamanda Galas
The Devil's Chasing Me: Reverend Horton Heat
Let's Go Steady: Dow Jones and the Industrials -GB

Piece of Mind: Monomen
I Heard it on the X: Olivelawn
Jezebel: The Mummies
I Lost My Mind: The Flesh Panthers -GB
I've Got The Shame: Fatso Jetson -GB

Spooky Nuisance: Satan's Satyrs -GB
Holy Mountain: Sleep
Notes and Chords Mean Nothing to Me: The Monkeywrench

You Never Come Closer: Doris -GB

No comments: