Monday, April 18, 2016

Hell's Kitchen Radio #259: Sweatin' To Hell

Stream the Heat, HERE!
Download the Aural Workout HERE!
Listen into all my shows here, or just scroll down


Hot times in the ol' studio tonight! Radio as the premier aural artform. Some classic covers on this night, some deeply hidden live tracks, some jazzy goodness, perfect for the hot night that it was. Plenty of witty banter that will tickle your funny bone as well as clue you in to the back story of many of these timeless tunes.

Have you tuned into the "new" KFOG? And I thought they were bad before! Seriously, it does not appear that they have evolved into anything fresh and new! Good job, Cumulus. You fired DJs who cared about the local listeners, all the while playing crappy, lowest-common-denominator pablum, that they had no choice over. I swear I would LOVE for any GM to call me up and ask me to program a station for just one day. ONE DAY! There is too much quality music that KFOG has continuously passed by. Father John Misty? Jenny Lewis? Dave Alvin? COME ON! Lame KFOG has just proved once again why you NEED Radio Valencia. You already knew that though.

Let's start a petition to get KFOG to hire John Hell for one day to do its music programming. If they hate it then I'll quietly leave. If they love it, then I'll have my lawyers call theirs.

Next Monday you just know I'm going to have a lot of rare Prince to play for you. RIP Purple One.

Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

In The Flesh: Pink Floyd
California Sun: The Dictators
Rich Brat: Redd Kross
Surfin Bird: The Ramones

Double Fine: Honky
This Never Happened To The Other Feller: Sex Mob

When It's Sleepy-time Down South: Gaucho
Fiesta En El Solar: Marc Ribot Y Los Cubanos Postizos

Lilin: John Zorn's Bar Kokhba
Drugs: Talking Heads

New Carrion: Naked Lights
Stronger Than Dirt: The Traditional Fools
Andalusia: The Phantom Surfers

My Man: Delaney and Bonnie and Friends (WPLJ July 22, 1971)
Black Magic Woman: Fleetwood Mac (BBC March, 24, 1968)
Blue 'N' Boogie: Miles Davis

Bronx Blues: Stan Getz and The Oscar Peterson Trio
Tattoo: Petra Haden

Tape Kabob: Can (BBC 73-75)

Ruins: Low Flying Hawks

NOW, LET'S GET SWEATY!!!

No comments: