Monday, May 11, 2015

Hell's Kitchen #220: Steal This Show!

Stream this radio crime, HERE!
Download secret radio, HERE!
Listen into all my shows here, or just scroll down
Subscribe to my show, via Subscribe via iTunes


More of what you have come to expect in Hell's Kitchen tonight. many genres, and you get to hear me call George Bush an asshole. Which Bush? Does it really matter?

I got on a real funky/soul/jazz kick in the first hour. The second hour starts off with a kick ass Terrapin Station from 1977, leading into a live Zappa track I found to be quite appropriate.

New music from Nudity, Father John Misty, Mikal Cronin, and Moon Duo round out the show, along with a lovely little ditty from Pres 43.

I viewed "Montage of Heck" on Sunday night, and I was more impressed than I thought I would be. Not to be a spoiler, but I'm pleased that they didn't go close to investigating why he died. If you're a fan of Nirvana, check out the film. The animation of his journals is well worth the viewing.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there. I actually despise Hallmark Holidays, and this one has a colorful history all its own. But if it makes you happy to have a day all to yourself, then good on ya! I would think most mothers would want a day away from their kids on this day. You know: "give me a break!".

Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

Amazing Grace: Hubert Laws
Keep on Pushing: Curtis Mayfield
Devil Made Me Do It: Rasputin Stash

If I'm Lucky I Might Get Picked Up: Betty Davis
"Savage" Trailer
Shaft in Africa: Johnny Pate
Mama Feelgood: Lyn Collins
Daughter of Darkness: Tom Jones

How Blue Can You Get: BB King
Soulogik Syntax: Broun Fellinis
Plutonian Nights: Sun Ra
Babydoll: Eric McFadden

Terrapin Station: Grateful Dead (05/07/77 Boston Garden, Boston, MA)
Mud Shark: Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention

Light and Grace: Nudity
Floyd the Barber: Nirvana
Call of the West: Wall of Voodoo
My Silver Lining: First Aid Kit

Gold: Mikal Cronin
Bored in the USA: Father John Misty
Free the Skull: Moon Duo

Imagine: George W. Bush

No comments: