Monday, November 24, 2014

A Season in Hell #197: Hell's Kitchen Premier

Are you smelling what Hell's cooking? Stream this show.
Download homemade stew of culinary delight, here.
Or perhaps you wish to listen to all of my shows? Good choice. Go HERE!

For the longest time I've been considering a name change for my show. I think my show has been called "A Season in Hell" for about 10 years. It's a good name. It's done me good. No complaints, but I just think it's played out. I've put a lot of thought into changing it. It needs to convey the myriad of sounds that emerge from my show every week. I always think of my show as something like a stew: lots of tastes, simmering together in the pot for two hours, waiting to be consumed by a hungry table, of impatient toddlers. So tonight, I unveil a rebirth of sorts, a show name which conveys the depth of the many tastes my show offers week after delicious week. I hope you enjoy it too.

I give you Hell's Kitchen, with John Hell

Eric McFadden joined me during the second hour in the studio. His fabulous lady, Super D was along for the ride. Eric will be playing at the Starry Plough in Berkeley this Saturday night, for his birthday. Come on down and rock out!

We talked about the true meaning of "TV Eye", and the many, many names for the Golden Triangle. There's lots of great new music, some classics, and some music that's new to you.

As always, enjoy.

jh 

Hell's Kitchen with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia

http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
  

Detroit is Burning: MC5
TV Eye: The Stooges
White Light/White Heat: Velvet Underground

You're Going To Miss Me: Mono Men
Night Crawler: Thee Oh Sees
Couldn't Be Bothered: The Klitz
Mud Girls: Meatbodies
53rd and 420/Life of the Party: CCR Headcleaner

Old Lake: The Blind Shakes
Fucked Up Motherfucker: Ty Segall
In Every Dreamhome A Heartache: Roxy Music
We No Who U R: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

Clap Hands: Eric McFadden
Pressure Drop: The Clash
The Wizard: Brown Sabbath
Black Betty: Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
Four Sticks: Led Zeppelin

Send/Receive: Wand
Spoon: Boris
Funky Woman: Parliament
Garbage Man: Delphine St. Paer

Runnin On Fumes: OBNIIIs
One: Fuzz

I Left My Heart In San Francisco: Tony Bennett

No comments: