Monday, December 09, 2013

A Season in Hell #156: Best of 2013

It's that time of year when the sun goes down earlier, the air gets a bit chillier, and DJs from around the world try to claim that they have what is the absolute BEST music of the year to share with you.

Well they don't. They're all suckers. But I do!!!

My Best of 2013 is perhaps my best BEST OF show in all of my 25 years in radio. Really. Would I lie?

I'm listening to new music all of the time. There are times that I'm looking at my music library, and I wonder just when I'll listen to any of that "old" music again? And when I say old, I mean from last month. There just aren't enough hours in the day. Am I right? I can't wait until I'm too old to do anything by listen to my music. Then I'll hire some hot nurse who'll have to bathe me and put records on my turntable. That's the life.

In the meantime enjoy this collection of fine tunes from 2013. We've got many local talented groups that deserve your attention like Thee Oh Sees, Rin Tin Tiger, Y Axes, Vandella, Mikal Cronin, KalriSSian, Bears! Bears! Bears!, and my favorite "local" band, The Melvins.

Two hours is just not enough time to play all of my faves from 2013. I suggest you tune into Radio Valencia throughout December to check out the many "Best of" shows that are going to cover the airwaves like a warm that sticky film of fat that covers the turkey the day following a good feast...or something like that.

Enjoy.

To stream my Best of 2013 show, go here.
To download it, and give it as a gift, go here, and then burn it onto a CD. You know what CDs are don't ya?
To hear all of my Best of shows, go here.

A Season in Hell with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia, 87.9FM in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook 

White Rabbit: Shannon and the Clams
Humans be Swayed: Thee Oh Sees
Teenage Eyes: Spider Bags

My Best Friend: The Melvins
Mt. Abraxas: Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats
Blowin' Kisses: Jacuzzi Boys

Let's Get High: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
Hurt Me: Vandella
Silver Timothy: Damien Jurado

Neon Streets: Y Axes
Preacher: Fuzz
The West: Ty Segall

Half of a Century: The Delphines
Haunted Now: Rin Tin Tiger
Shout it Out: Mikal Cronin
Fuck you Cop: Birdcloud

Spanish Speaks: Weekender
I Feel You: The Parrots
Hallelujah: GRMLN
Life Hurts: Kalri$$ian

Living Space: Bears! Bears! Bears!
American Cowboy: Futurebirds
Who Needs You: The Orwells

Ghouls: Wooden Shjips
Emmylou: First Aid Kit
Tie My Pecker to a Tree: The Melvins
Cold River Blues: Loretta Lynch

No comments: