Monday, November 04, 2013

A Season in Hell #152: I Heard It Where?

Standing in front of my music library tonight, I had a thought: "what am I in the mood for"? I wasn't inspired. Honest. I love doing my show every week, but I really have to feel it to be able to give you a great show. I ended up going online to see who's birthday it was, thinking maybe that would do the trick. A couple of things, but nothing really hit home. I then headed over to my vinyl shelves, and started flipping through them, and I noticed a trend in what was catching my eye: psychedelia. Oh yes, that's a good direction.

Indeed it was a fine decision.

Enjoy with a cup of mushroom tea.

Stream this into your subconscious, here.
Download this into your existential mainframe, here.
To groove out to all my hip shows, go here, or just scroll down. 

A Season in Hell with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia, 87.9FM in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook

I Heard it on the X: ZZ Top
Shit Luck: Modest Mouse
B-Movie Boxcar Blues: Blues Brothers

Augmented Banality: Illogistical Resource Dept
More Trouble Every Day: Frank Zappa

Blood Suckin' Baby: Eric McFadden
Carpe Diem: The Melvins
Elevation: Television
Watcher of the Skies: Genesis

Forest Ocean Sound: Landing
Jackson Head: Boris
Swami: The Romulans

SOL '07: Wooden Shjips
New Potato Caboose: Grateful Dead

Embryo: Pink Floyd

Rotten Ronnie Donovan Phone In

Cortez the Killer: Neil Young


No comments: