Monday, October 07, 2013

A Season in Hell #148: You Had Me At No

I don't know what I was thinking. I really need to not be so far behind in posting my shows. Sorry about that. I guess life just gets in the way.

I've got a lot of local sounds in this show. Loop! Station, Liar and Birdsaw, feature the amazing vocal talents of Robin Coomer, and guitar gunslinger Eric McFadden.

The long set in the second hour is well worth putting your dancing shoes on for.

I've got too much awesome music to share with you. Tune in every Monday night, 8-10PM for more, more, MORE!!!

As always, enjoy!

Stream this from here to eternity, or for at least two hours, here.
Download it and make it a desert island hit, here.
Groove out to all my shows by clicking here, or scrolling down.

A Season in Hell with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia, 87.9FM in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook

Its Hard To Be Humble: Mac Davis
Tiger Mountain Peasant Song (Fleet Foxes cover): First Aid Kit
Dancing Barefoot: Patti Smith

Snake Song (Townes Van Zandt cover): Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan
Celluloid Heroes: The Kinks
Rave Down: Swervedriver

Theory of Noise: Loop! Station
One Crazy Day: Liar
All Hail the Radio Flyer: Birdsaw

Long Haired Music: The Sensational Alex Harvey Band
Du Ska Inte Tro Att Det Ordnar Sig: Dungen
Thousand Bing Bangs: Ken Nordine
Don't Miss the Great Snatch: Evolution Control Committee

The Mall and the Misery: Broken Bells
Candle: Sonic Youth
Yer Blues: The Beatles
Lazy Loser Leech: Los Banos
Black Sabotage (Beastie Boys vs. Led Zeppelin): DJ Moule
Rock Of Ages (Led Zeppelin vs. Rolling Stones vs. Run-DMC vs. Kid Rock vs. Chemical Bros. Twisted Sister vs. Dio vs. AC/DC): DJ Schmolli

Whiskey and Wimmen: Canned Heat & John Lee Hooker
Graveyard Shift: Uncle Tupelo (08-22-88 Columbia, MO)
Straight to Hell: The Clash

Roscoe: Midlake (BBC 11-01-06)
My Way: Frank Sinatra

No comments: