Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Season in Hell #138: Brainwashing

Another rare night with no guests. I pulled a lot of tonight's music from the Radio Valencia library. I have a dream to have a library to rival any free form radio stations' library. We don't have enough space for that, but I can dream can't I? Most DJs bring their own music in, so it's not like we don't each have enough great things to share with you. But I did have a lot of fun pulling from what was a available.

I also rant on a bit about government intrusion and how the media plays us all for saps. It's obvious you don't have enough Slack.

Tonight was also the 40th anniversary of a classic Grateful Dead show. RFK Stadium, Washington DC, June 10th, 1973. I played a stellar Eyes of the World to close out the show.

To subscribe to my newsletter, stream here.
To download all this particular bit of propaganda click here.
To enjoy all of my escapades, click here, or just scroll down.

Enjoy.

jh


Up in Smoke: Cheech and Chong
Cuban Pete: Desi Arnez
More Peas: The JB's

I Gotta Be Me: Sammy Davis Jr.
Are you Ready? Grand Funk Railroad
The Bomber (Closet Queen, Cast Your Fate to the Wind): James Gang
You Win Again: Ray Charles

Concert Outlook

Oh Man: Spacin'
Neribalankina: Captain Yaba
Respect: Kukumbas

Evil Stack: Boris
Education of Brainwashing: The Congos
The Supermen: David Bowie

Keep on Lying: Tame Impala
The Day The World Went Away: Nine Inch Nails
Deeper Well: Emmylou Harris
You're A Big Girl Now: Bob Dylan

Eyes of the World: Grateful Dead (06-10-1973 - RFK Stadium, Washington DC)

No comments: