Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Season in Hell #133: International Playboy

A rare night without any guests. You know what that means, more music for you. Tonight, unbeknownst to me, I brought a bunch of local artists. The first hour is full of great local sounds from the past 20 years or so. And yes, I consider the Melvins a local band.

The second hour is mostly live, as I've received so many great live shows lately , I just had to do my duty and share some goodness with you all.

This Friday, May 3rd, is the annual James Brown birthday celebration, during the annual KFJC Month of Mayhem, known as "Doin' it to Death". It's a 24 hour party, that I'll be co-hosting. I do my own slot from 6-10PM (PDST). Tune in and get ready to get down...and get back up again.

After the KFJC party, I'm heading over to the Radio Valencia studios for a live, in-studio Ask Dr Hal show and RV fundraiser. If you're around, you should come down. It's a great way to experience live radio. We're going from 11-1AM.

Next Monday, May 6th, on A Season in Hell, my buddy, and writer/editor for So What, the official fanzine of Metallica, Steffan Chirazi, will be in the studio with me paying "homage" to the passing of the late (not so great) Margaret Thatcher. We'll be playing some of her favorite music from that era, along with some tributes to her old golfing partner, Ronald Reagan.

This should be a hoot!

In the meantime, kick back, chill out and enjoy two fabulous hours from Monday night.

Charm the pants off your lover and stream this show.
Give the gift that keeps giving and download it here.
Perhaps you care to take all that I've got to give. Go here, or just scroll down.

Enjoy.

jh

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook

Up in Smoke: Cheech and Chong
International Playboys: The High Nobles
Comin': Mensclub

Lazy, Loser, Leech: Los Banos
In Heaven There is no Beer: Polkacide
Let Me Roll It: The Melvins

Screaming Skull: King Tuff
I Must Have Been Blind: Eugene Chadbourne
Mazel Tov Cocktail: New Orleans Klezmer All Stars

Nick the Dick: Three Day Stubble
Frisco Line: Rube Waddell
'62 Breakout: Leon "Whitey" Thompson
Aqui Como Alla: Marc Ribot y Los Cubanos Postizos

Between Two Worlds: Nova Express (04-06-2013 John Zorn @ 60, Program 3: New Projects
Walker Art Center, McGuire Theater, Minneapolis, MN)
Straight Ahead: Abbey Lincoln

The Race is On: George Jones (1979 Gillies-Pasadena, TX)
On the Road Again: Grateful Dead (09-26-80 Warfield Theater, SF, CA)

You Are What You Love: Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins (HSB, SF, CA 10-05-2012)
Miles Runs the Voodoo Down: Miles From India
Pseudo-Bread: Boris

Astronome Domine: Pink Floyd (Piper Club, Rome, Italy "First European International Pop Festival", 6th May 1968)
Rastaman Chant: The Wailers (BBC Sessions June 1973)

Chinese Rocks: The Heartbreakers (Max's Kansas City, New York, New York, May 8, 1980)

No comments: