Monday, September 10, 2012

A Season in Hell #102: Last Chance for Love

Well, here it is, the last night at Chez Poulet, our home for the first two years of Radio Valencia. Talk about punk rock! I'd like to thank Chicken John for his "hospitality". When he came to me two years asking if I would start a radio station here I told him as long as it didn't become "Radio Chicken". So, we're moving. I wonder why? Really though, we've just outgrown the space. All the best to Chicken and all of his endeavors. In the memorable words of the late, great Don Corleone "as long as your business doesn't conflict with mine".

For my last show until my next show next week at our new home, I thought I would do what I like to do best, play lots of new kick ass music in the first hour, and some slammin' tracks in the second, along with some priceless live cuts. Check out the playlist, below.

Here we go again for the last time.

Download this once-in-a-lifetime show here.
Stream this program to your heart's delight here.
Scroll down to read all of my witty comments and hear previous shows, or just click here if I sicken you.

Enjoy.

Follow me on twitter: @johnhell
I even have a Facebook page for my show.

jh

Do It: Rollins Band
Punk Prayer: Pussy Riot
Derek's Blues: Natural Child

Concert Outlook

Mexico: The Fearless Vampire Killers
Cheap Beer: FIDLAR
Sleepwalker: Moon Duo

Crushed Grass: Thee Oh Sees
The Righteous One: The Orwells
Pop Song: Ty Segall and Mikal Cronin

I'm Writing a Novel: Father John Misty
You Smell Like Fish: Nervous Eaters
Nobodies: TV Torso

I Am Not A Game: Ty Segall & White Fence

Summertime Blues: Joan Jett & the Blackhearts (08-08-81)
Hypocrisy is the Greatest Luxury: The Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy (06-12-92)

I Don't Want to Pray: Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros (05-29-12)
God of Thunder: The Melvins

Moving in Stereo: The Cars (08-19-78)
Space Station #5: Montrose

Whiskey River: Willie Nelson and Family (04-1978)
Stay All Night: Willie Nelson and Family (04-1978)
Mama Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys: Willie Nelson and Family (04-1978)
The Race is On: George Jones (1979)

Loser: Grateful Dead (02-18-71)

No comments: