Monday, May 07, 2012

Doin' it to Death on KFJC

YEEEEOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

It's James Brown's birthday again, which can only mean one thing: Doin' it to Death, the 6th annual James Brown birthday Mayhem special on KFJC.

I spent nine glorious years at the Fine 89. I always said if I won the lottery I would just spend the rest of my life there.

I'm lucky enough to come back at least once a year for the James Brown special. I'm doubly lucky that I get the Star Time slot this year, 6-10PM. There's too much music to play. 

Unless otherwise indicate the artist is all James Brown.

Here are the links to my four hour set. They're up for the next two weeks.
Hour one.
Hour two.
Hour three.
Hour four.

Enjoy. I know you will.

Licking Stick - Licking Stick
The Boss
Stone Fox

Mama Feelgood: Lyn Collins
Shake it Baby: Maceo and the Kings Men
I Know You got Soul: Bobby Byrd
The JB's: My Brother (pts. 1 & 2)

Brother Rap - Live in Cincinnati, OH 10-14-69
Aint it Funky Now? 10-14-69
Georgia on my Mind 10-14-69
Stomp your Feet 10-14-69
Whole Lotta Sex Machine: James Brown vs. Led Zeppelin

James Brown: Nancy Dupree
Lesson 2: Steinski
I Feel Good 1975

Please Please Please 1975
Give it up, Turn it Loose
Good Rocking Tonight
Papa's Got A Brand New Bag (instrumental)
Night Train

Santa Claus is Here to Stay
Think
Choo Choo (Locomotion)

Cold Sweat: Live in Dallas 08-26-68

Pass the Peas (live 1972)
In the Middle 1&2
Sexy Kiss Machine (DMC Remix): Prince vs. James Brown
Slaughter's Theme

Greedy Man
Turn On The Heat and Build Some Fire
This is a Man's World->Got The Feeling (live at Studio 54 1981)
It's a New Day (Slynk Remix)

For Once in My Life
Please Please Please: Soul Survivors

I Never Can Say Goodbye


No comments: