Monday, April 16, 2012

A Season in Hell #84: Pigpen Offers Advice


Week 2/8 in my celebration of the Grateful Dead's epic Europe 72 tour. It's been 40 years, and these shows really do stand the test of time.

Tonight I'm playing selections from 04/14/72, Tivoli Concert Hall, Copenhagen, Denmark, and 04/16/72, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark.

It was pretty hard to decide what to play tonight. As of this writing I'm still not totally certain what I'm going to throw on. At first I was totally prepared to play the Good Lovin' jam from 04/14/72. But then I listened to the Truckin' jam from 04/16 and I threw everything out of the window. Now I'm thinking of playing Mr. Charlie and Big Boss Man from the 14th, and the Truckin' jam from the 16th. WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!?

I know, I could play them both, but I really don't want my entire show to be the Dead. As much as I love them, I'm also into sharing new music with you all, and I've found some wonderful new tunes to share.

No worries. I'll have it all figured out by showtime. I hope...er, I think. Let me know what you think.

Next week selections from 04/17/72 and 04/21/72.

Follow me on Twitter: @johnhell
And on Facebook

You can download this amazing show here.

You can stream it here.

You can scroll down to see the playlists of previous shows and links to hear them.

Enjoy.

Common People: FIDLAR

Art School Girl: The Laurels
Africa Bats: Alan Watts
Dance with You: Black Lips

Prayer of Forgetfulness: Hush Arbors
Helpless: Buffy Sainte-Marie

Ayo Ayo Nene: Mor Thiam
Soul Vibrations: Dorothy Ashby

QueenS: TheeSatisfaction
Bendito: Y La Bamba

Mr. Charlie: Grateful Dead 04/14/72 Tivoli Concert Hall, Copenhagen, Denmark
Big Boss Man: Grateful Dead 04/14/72

Truckin'->Jam->Me and My Uncle->Other One->NFA->GDTRFB->NFA: Grateful Dead 04/16/72 Aahrus University, Aahrus, Denmark

Chinatown Shuffle: Grateful Dead Tivoli Concert Hall, Copenhagen, Denmark

No comments: