Monday, May 31, 2021

John Hell's Live Bootleg Bonanza - Monday 6-10PM Pacific - Stevie Wonder (1974) & The Ramones (1977)

 

John Hell's Live Bootleg Bonanza

Monday's 6-8PM Pacific

http://radiovalencia.fm


And a good Memorial Day to you all. In celebration of all who gave all, let's play two great American acts that we all can agree are worth fighting for. First up, Stevie Wonder in all his glory, live at the Rainbow Theater, January 31, 1974. This is one his all time best shows, and from the Innervisions tour, possibly my favorite album of his. This soundboard recording is taken from the liberated "Funkified Rainbow" bootleg, and really should have been considered for official release.


The second show tonight features an all-American band of rockers who really just don't wanna do much of anything at all. I'm talking about The Ramones!!! This Utica, New York show from November 14, 1977 shows them still in the early days of the balls-to-the-wall punk glory. I've taken this from the "Transmission Impossible" radio broadcast bootleg set. If this was vinyl I would have worn it out ages ago. 

Let's get all-American as we celebrate the women and men in red, white and blue, who gave there all so we can rock and roll. 

Stick around 8-10PM Pacific for my weekly music mix, Hell's Kitchen Radio.

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM Pacific
Radio Valencia in SF

http://radiovalencia.fm
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

No comments: