Monday, November 09, 2015

Hell's Kitchen Radio #241: Guest DJ Time - Happy Fangs

Guest DJ Stream Happy Fun Fangs Time, HERE!
Download someone else choosing the music, HERE!
Listen into all my shows here, or just scroll down

Subscribe to mySubscribe via iTuneshere!

How thrilling to have to rising local rock stars in the studio to do all the heavy lifting. I should do this more often. Rebecca (DJ RBG), and Mike (MC Cobra) of the mighty might Happy Fangs guest DJd in Hell's Kitchen tonight. They brought loads of 100% choice vinyl cuts, and knew their way around a radio studio.

I've had Happy Fangs in the studio before, to talk up shows and releases, but last time they were on I invited them to come back and guest DJ with me. They were obviously up to the task. Other than the first track, all the rest were from Rebecca and Mike. And just look at that playlist!

I'll be having other bands on to guest DJ with me soon.

This weekend there are a couple great shows to check out:

Friday night, local psych rockers Golden Void will transport you to the astral plane at Bottom of the Hill, where they will be headlining. I'm loving their new LP: "Berkana".

Saturday night there are two great bands playing at Amnesia on Valencia Street. The Reliables are a fun five piece, made up of old friends who decided it was high time they got together to make songs of journey and life. They've got a good funky vibe. The other band is the donut-laden trio known as DOWN IN FRONT! These ladies have the most fun no stage I've seen in years. The between-song banter is as much fun as the the songs themselves.

Support live, local music.

Coming up November 23rd is my fifth annual ANNUAL ANNUAL! I'm doing two hours on 1975. This isn't like KFOG. I actually know what was quality in that year. Tune in, and check out my previous ANNUAL ANNUAL shows from the past few years. Rumor has it guitar slinger Eric McFadden will guest DJ that night too!

Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

All Tomorrow's Parties: The Fresh and Only's
Lust for Life: Iggy Pop

I Really Like You: The Lovely Feathers
Lion's Share: L7
Another Girl, Another Planet: The Only Ones

Hesperus: Windhand
Sexy Boy: Air

Two Against One: Rome
Bridge Over Troubled Water: Roberta Flack
A New Error: Moderat

***Set of the Night***
The IPD: Judy Small
Hey Little Cobra: The Rip Chords
Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll: Ian Dury and the Blockheads
Diddy Wah: Ty Segall Band

Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing: Jackson 5
Primary Colors: The Horrors
Shanghaied: Bishop Allen

Feels Blind: Bikini Kill

Summer Wine: Nancy Sinatra
Infinity Guitars: Sleigh Bells

Telephone Line: ELO

No comments: