Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Season in Hell #136: Break On Through

A rare night with no interview. I took the opportunity to share lots of fabulous new sounds with you. The first hour is mostly new music.

With the passing of Ray Manzarek, the keyboardist of The Doors, I wanted to share a couple of favorite tracks. Morrison Hotel has always been a great LP to me, so Peace Frog/Blue Sunday was a given, but being the consummate bootlegger that I am, I had to share a classic rare moment of Ray brilliance. Check out the 1967 Light My Fire from Detroit. Smokin'!!! 

Stream this unconsciousness here.
Download this exploration of the outer regions here.
Forecast your destiny by going here, or just scroll down.

Enjoy blissfully.

jh

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook

Up in Smoke: Cheech and Chong
Springwater: Birdcloud
Am I Wrong: Mikal Cronin

Spanish Speaks : Weekender
Evil Love: Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats

Motorider: Glitter Wizard
Wave Goodbye: Ty Segall Band
Night Crawler: Thee Oh Sees
Farmers: Bear Romantic

Peace Frog/Blue Sunday: The Doors (RIP Ray Manzerak)
Me and Baby Brother: War
He Was A Big Freak: Betty Davis
She Watch Channel Zero: Public Enemy

Talkin' Good Woman: Rin Tin Tiger
Endors Toi: Tame Impala

Attitude: The Melvins
Complicated Life: The Kinks

Hama: Boris

Light My Fire: The Doors (Detroit, MI 03-18-67)
Woodchoppers Ball: Ten Years After (Fillmore Aud., SF, CA 06-28-68)

Big Chief: The Meters (Baton Rouge, LA 10-01-76)
Hoochie Coochie Man: Muddy Waters (San Francisco, CA 05-01-77)
I Can't Go For That: Nicki Bluhm and the Gramblers (Philadelphia, PA 09-21-12)

No comments: