Monday, January 04, 2021

Hell's Kitchen Radio #420: Smoke This Show!

Download The Resolution HERE

Listen into all my shows here!
Subscribe to my show, via Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe to my Spotify Podcast HERE!

Happy New Year, to you all! How did you celebrate the completion of one of the top 10 worst years in the history of our nation? I sat at home and watched the Melvins NYE special. Thanks fellas, that was a hoot!

Tonight was a night of firsts. I have never played Hank III before. Nor have I played Jake Blount (thanks Derlyn!!!), nor has Larry Boothroyd been played on my show as a session leader, though I have played plenty of Victim's Family in the past. And though Buddy Rich has graced these "airwaves", this record with Alla Rakha has never been on, though I look forward to sharing more from all of these artists in the future.

As for what 2021 has in store, it's all about this Georgia special election that's happening on Tuesday. I predict the two Democrats will win by slim margins. I also don't think the GOP candidates will do as well as Trump did. If the two Dems do win, I have to wonder how much sway Trump will have with the House and Senate GOP members with the electoral certification on Wednesday? By the time you are reading this, it'll probably be long over. How close were my predictions?

***I'm bringing back an old contest***

RUN FOR THE LILLIES 2021

The rules are simple:

  • You choose ten celebrities (from any industry) you believe will meet their demise by December 31, 2021.
  • The only rule: you may NOT contribute to their passing.
  • Email the list by January 31st (no one on your list may have passed before you get me your list) to mrjohnhell@gmail.com
    • I know this is morbid; my name is HELL
  • There will be a prize for the most names "collected", announced January 2022
And there ya go. Welcome to 2021.

Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

The Bottle Let Me Down: Hank III
Boll Weevil: Jake Blount
Tiger Mountain Peasant Song: First Aid Kit

Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys: Traffic
A Minute Passed: Monty Python
Sign O' The Times: Sex Mob

Bertha Butt Boogie: Jimmy Castor Bunch
Hear Me: Firehose
Khanda Kafi: Buddy Rich and Alla Rakha

South: Larry Boothroyd

Are You Really Going To Move To The South: Marissa Nadler
Nosotros: Grupo Fantasma
Oh, I Long To Feel Your Arms Around Me: Father John Misty
Lover, You Should've Come Over: Jeff Buckley
Femme Fatale: Velvet Underground

Superstar: Sonic Youth
My Baby: Ken Nordine

Dirty Little Virus: Iggy Pop
Star Spangled Banner: Kronos Quartet

I Bid You Goodnight: Joseph Spence and the Pinder Family

No comments: