Monday, September 07, 2020

Hell's Kitchen Radio #407: There Is Power In The Union

Download Your Ticket To A Goodnight Groove HERE

Listen into all my shows here!
Subscribe to my show, via Subscribe via iTunes
Subscribe to my Spotify Podcast HERE!

This heat is just too much. Plague, fires, and now the heat? What the hell is this about?!?!?! If I believed in God I would think that it's just one huge cosmic joke. And by Wednesday the sky was the color of blood. Where are the frogs?

I wanted to host my annual labor day show, and I was thinking that now with so many office workers working from home, what are they going to do with all of those empty office buildings, like the Salesforce lingham that penetrates the San Francisco sky? I wonder how many homeless people it could house?

And what about all those frontline workers in the grocery stores? Now that we have the world's richest douchebag, Jeff Bezos owning Whole Paycheck, don't you think he can afford to pay them a living wage? I mean, thanks for the banner hanging on the store front telling us how much you care for your workers, but seriously dude, put your money where your mouth is.

And so goes this show. I mix some Labor Day-themed tunes in with few other treats to keep your toes tapping.

Just take a listen to the first daughter, Tiffany Trump (the one Heir Donny-britches forgot he had) singing her autotuned heart out on the dance number "Like A Bird". And then there's our former Attorney General, John Ashcroft, who lost his Missouri governor's bid to a dead guy. True story. He sings a live version of "Let Eagles Soar". To his credit, he didn't need autotune. Watch out Tiffany.

There's some new music from legendary punk vocalist, Alice Bag; something new from the latest acoustic King Buzzo/Trevor Dunn release; new from Japanese power trio Boris, and a whole heap of music that I'm excited to share with you.

I have come to the realization that I have a lot of music. More than I really know what to do with. I guess this is why I host a radio show. I may need two more hours a week though. I'm just getting warmed up after two.

See you this Monday night, 8-10PM (PDST), where I'll be paying tribute to the late, great Toots Hibbert, of Toots and the Maytals, who passed away Saturday, September 11, 2020, from complications with COVID-19. RIP Toots and thanks for the musical memories.

Enjoy,

jh

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

Take This Job And Shove It: Johnny Paycheck
TV-Glotzer: Nina Hagen
Let Eagles Soar: Attorney General John Ashcroft

Career Opportunities: The Clash
Fried Grease: Greyboy Allstars ft. Fred Wesley
Fire In The Hole: General Patton vs The X-Ecutioners
Old Mary: Dead Weather
I Am A Union Woman: Rosalie Sorrels
Get Back In Line: The Kinks

Gate Crasher: Alice Bag
Like A Bird: Tiffany Trump
Wild Mountain: Itchy-O
San Francisco Bay Blues: Jesse Fuller

I'm Glad I Could Help Out: King Buzzo and Trevor Dunn
Kolbasti: Altin Gün
Rope Burn: Damaged Bug
All Out of Catastrophes: Marissa Nadler

There Is Power In The Union: Utah Phillips
Loveless: Boris
Indian Summer: The Doors
Rolling Thunder/Shoshone Invocation: Mickey Hart

Ace of Spades: Link Wray
Woodstock: Joni Mitchell
Gonna Die With A Hammer In My Hand: The Williamson Brothers and Curry
Working Class Hero: John Lennon

More Than A Paycheck: Sweet Honey In The Rock
Get Behind The Mule: Tom Waits
Mean Old Frisco: John Hammond

Work Song: Nina Simone
What A Wonderful World: Louis Armstrong.

No comments: