Monday, April 20, 2020

Hell's Kitchen Radio #389: Little Hell Strikes Again

Download the Family Squabble HERE

Listen into all my shows here!
Subscribe to my show, via Subscribe via iTunes

Sheltering at home means you're around your roommates a lot. It's one thing when you're not related to your roommate and you can be courteous and spend most of your time in your room, out of there way. It's another thing when your roommates are your family, including your spouse and children. I fall into the latter category.

I have a household which consists of my wonderful and supportive bride, Saucy Hell, our two year old son Bodhi Hell, and my 15 year old daughter from my first marriage, and the one you have come to know through her many visits to Hell's Kitchen Radio, Little Lauson Hell. Lauson has been on my show at least a dozen times now, starting when she was seven years old. The links to all of her visits are at the bottom of this post.

We've been home almost six weeks now, and I've been asking her to come back on the air with me for a while. She finally acquiesced and we broadcast last Monday night from her own room! And it was clean! It's actually the cleanest I've seen it in a few years. See, there is an upside to the shelter at home thing.

And for this show it was also 4-20. I really thought hard if I was going to play a bunch of pro-dope smoking songs. What kind of message would I be sending my daughter if her father was playing a bunch of Snoop Dogg and Cypress Hill? Not the best message, I agree. So I played Cheech and Chong instead! HA!

There are a few pro-cannabis songs in the mix, but I ain't no prude. Just because I support the use of the all-natural leaf doesn't mean I use it. And I certainly do not condone my underage child using it. She is well aware of that. But the music is just too good not to share.

Lauson had some great choices in there as well, and as usual a few a bit more mainstream than I would play. But who cares! It's my show, and Little Lauson Hell can play whatever she chooses, as long as it isn't misogynistic or pro-drugs. Oops.

I stuck around following my show for two hours and played seven tunes. That was fun. I don't have that posted here. You can go on the Radio Valencia Time Machine and hear it though. It starts up at the 4:48 mark. Here's the second hour.

Want to hear more shows featuring Little Lauson Hell?

First show in 2012
Second show in 2014
Third show also in 2014
Fourth show in spring of 2015
Fifth show in the summer of 2015
Sixth show in summer 2016 along with Saucy!
Seventh show was also during summer 2016
Eight show was December 2016
Ninth show was July 2017
Tenth show was in August 2017
Eleventh show was July 2018
Twelfth show was April 2019

Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

Up In Smoke: Cheech and Chong
Lady Grinning Soul: David Bowie - L
Smoke Two Joints: The Toyes

It's My Life: The Animals - L
Kaya: Bob Marley and the Wailers
Doin' Time: Sublime - L

Suzy Q: Creedence Clearwater Revival
Shadow Boxer: Fiona Apple - L
The Wedge: The JBs

Addicted: Amy Winehouse - L
Donovan Said: The Brian Jonestown Massacre
Girls: Beastie Boys - L
We Are Doomed: Melvins

Paul: Big Thief - L
This Is Not Normal: Negativland
Truth: Alexander Ebert
Atheists Have Songs: Rykarda Parasol

Japanese Denim: Daniel Caesar - L
Ducter: Black Midi
Sweet Leaf: Black Sabbath

Dead Flowers: Townes Van Zandt
What A Wonderful World: Louis Armstrong

No comments: