Monday, April 13, 2020

Hell's Kitchen Radio #388: This Is Not A Test

Download the Answers HERE

Listen into all my shows here!
Subscribe to my show, via Subscribe via iTunes

If you're like me, you get bored really easily. Surprisingly I'm not that bored these days. Granted, it's like Groundhogs Day over here, and my hygiene is questionable, but I have plenty of things to take up my time. After all, I have a toddler running around the house. And there a lot of music to enjoy. I know the first place I want to head to when all of this is past us is to any one of the many local record stores in my hood. Please please please reopen. I have been doing my part from home however. I have bought some records, digitally, and even a few LPs I hope are delivered before this pandemic passes. The record business is essential, isn't it?

So, we're moving into month two of this thing. How have you evolved as a being during this time? Respond in the comments with your most creative creation. I'm reading more for pleasure, playing my guitar, and using leftover food in ways I never though could be done. Food is art. Who knew?

As for this show you are about to listen to (and thanks in advance for doing so), it's still about diving deeper into my digital library. It seems that I have an awful lot of music on these hard drives. And you're better for it.

The only downside to hosting a radio show from my bedroom is the energy is not nearly the same as when I'm rockin' out from behind the studio console. I'm more quiet because I have a toddler being put to bed in the next room. He really needs to learn to just deal with the volume, right? Thanks.

Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

God's Away On Business: Tom Waits
Wafer O' Darkness: Three Day Stubble
Buck Wylin': Terminator X

Little Red Hen Blues: Taj Mahal
Life's A Gas: T. Rex
Mark of Vaccination: Slim Cessna's Auto Club
This Land Is Your Land: Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings

Mexican Radio: Wall of Voodoo
Turiya And Ramakrishna: Alice Coltrane
God's Been Drinking: Bernadette Seacrest and Her Yes Men

I'm A Greedy Man: James Brown
Do I Look Like A Slut: Avenue D
Anarchy In The Ukk: Boredoms

Kill the President: Coffin Break
Right On For The Darkness: Curtis Mayfield
Texas To Ohio: Damien Jurado
Ghost Town: First Aid Kit

Working Class Hero: John Lennon
Touch My Evil: Lydia Lunch
Diversion: Ty Segall
Deceptacon: Le Tigre

There's A Riot Going On: Monophonics
What A Wonderful World: Louis Armstrong

No comments: