Monday, December 09, 2019

Hell's Kitchen Radio #383: Do You Like To ROCK?!?!?!

Download and Rock Out HERE!
Listen into all my shows here!
Subscribe to my show, via Subscribe via iTunes

I like to rock. I like to do a lot of things. I like to get mellow with some swinging jazz. I like to get deep with some heart-felt blues and soul. I like to get my groove on with some sticky funk. But my go to is guitar-driven, vocals-howlin', drums-poundin' ROCK! I'll be the first to admit I have a tad bit of aggression that builds up from time to time. Instead of taking it out on my loved ones, I prefer to take it out on my music collection.

This show has a lot of rock that helped my through 2019. I don't think I'm going to host a Best of 2019 show, so this one will need to do. Almost all these tracks were released this year. There's also some other tasty treats, including a recent addition to my live music library, that doesn't rock, but certainly soothes.

It's also been a year already since the death of Pete Shelley of the Buzzcocks, so I not only have a favorite tune of theirs, but a brilliant cover by Le Butcherettes, a band you really must see live.

I'm headed to some record stores this weekend. I can't wait to share what I find on my show next Monday. Tune in!

Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

Every Night About This Time: Magic Sam
The Wizard: Brownout
Why I Carry A Knife: Zig Zags

The Party: Redd Kross
High Noon: The Scientist
Ever Fallen in Love: Le Butcherettes
What Do I Get: Buzzcocks

Comptroller: Frisco
Morning In America: Mudhoney
Scutum and Scorpius: Oh Sees

30 Seconds Over Tokyo: Pere Ubu
Westgate: Amyl and the Sniffers
Secret Win/Destroying Anything: Negativland

Radio: Ty Segall
Self Immolate: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
Money (That's What I Want): the Flying Lizards

Song For A Winter's Night: Gordon Lightfoot
You're Dead: Norma Tanega
Ragged Way: The Bobby Lees
God Bless The Child: Abbey Lincoln (Nancy Jazz Pulsations, Nancy, France, October 12, 1980)

My War: Black Flag
Little Child Running Wild: Curtis Mayfield
Eric B For President: Eric B and Rakim

My Way: Elvis Presley

No comments: