Monday, October 21, 2019

Hell's Kitchen Radio #378: Safe In Hell

Download the Safe Word  HERE!

Listen into all my shows here!
Subscribe to my show, via Subscribe via iTunes

I do love training a future great DJ. Tonight I had Ruffin the Love Muffin in the studio with me. He's getting ready to take on his own slot, and I get the extreme pleasure to take him through all the paces.

Janis Joplin passed 49 years ago last week, so I felt the need to bring out the goods: a classic live Ball and Chain from 68. This is a Big Mama Thornton cover, so I had to throw in some original Big Mama Mae, doing her dripping hot Hound Dog. Elvis never did it this good.

New music from Kim Gordon, and some other classics that are new to you.

I'm a wee bit behind on posting my shows over the past few months, so I'll be getting those up sporadically over the next few weeks...I hope.

Thanks for the love.

Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

Bottle Up And Go: The Monkeywrench
Hound Dog: Big Mama Thornton

Ball and Chain: Big Brother and the Holding Company (May 4, 1968, Shrine Expo, LA, CA)
White Bird: It's A Beautiful Day

Stir It Up (In the Pot): Lee "Scratch" Perry
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now: The Smiths
Scream: Black Flag
I Am The Walrus: Pop-O-Pies

Viscous: Lou Reed
World In My Eyes: Depeche Mode
Clash City Rockers: The Clash
Shrinking Moon For You: Wooden Shjips
By The Time I Get To Phoenix: New York Underground Funk Band

It Ain't Me Babe: Bryan Ferry
Let The Boy Rock and Roll: Flamin' Groovies
The White Man's Got A God Complex: Last Poets
Louie Louie: Richard Berry
Safe in Hell: Sonic Youth

Cookie Butter: Kim Gordon
Vortex of Lies: Mudhoney
I'm Not The One: The Cars

Control: Amyl and the Sniffers
What A Wonderful World: Louie Armstrong

No comments: