Monday, June 17, 2019

Hell's Kitchen Radio #368: I'm Your Captain

Stream the Hustle HERE!

Download the Bustle  HERE!
Listen into all my shows here!
Subscribe to my show, via Subscribe via iTunes

Some shows I'm just inspired to dig a little deeper. This is one of those shows. Are you as tired of the commercial radio dreck as I am? And who can blame you, really? They play the same 40-50 songs over and over throughout the day. It's insulting. I don't want to insult you. I want to inspire you.

Leon Redbone passed away a couple of weeks back; the day before Roky Erickson as a matter of fact.

Genres-a-plenty across these two hours, with my ongoing desire to share my recent live show acquisitions with you during the second hour. Some live Bob Dylan from the recent Rolling Thunder Revue 17 disc set, Muddy Waters from 1963, and Grand Funk from 1972 to rock your bones.

Get out and dance this week!

Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen Radio with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

Groove Me: Blues Brothers
Women's Liberation: TV Mama Jean
Funk and Soul: New York Underground Funk Band
My Walkin' Stick: Leon Redbone

Moving Pictures For the Ear: Don Cherry
Reflections (On New York City Everything is Everything): The Visitors
Cut Loose: The Teacher Haters

Mettavolution: Rodrigo y Gabriela
Priest of the Hill People: Hot Fog
Fallout: Zig Zags

Femme Fatale: Ty Segall
Lorsque je Frappe A Ta Porte: Ginette Taillon
Love Comes in Spurts: Thee Headcoats
Little Red Hen: Taj Mahal

Isis: Bob Dylan (Technical University, Lowell, MA - November 1975)
Mercy Seat: Johnny Cash

Knock On Joe: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (RPM Club, Toronto, Canada, February 14, 1989)
19 Years Old: Muddy Waters (Copa Cabana Club, Chicago, IL, July 26, 1963)
Ta Ha: New Masada Quartet (The Village Vanguard, New York City, NY, June 9, 2019)

Clementine: Grateful Dead (Avalon Ballroom, SF, CA, January 26, 1969)
I'm Your Captain: Grand Funk Railroad (Madison Square Garden, NYC, NY, December 23, 1972)

What A Wonderful World: Louis Armstrong

No comments: