Monday, April 03, 2017

Hell's Kitchen Radio #298: I Feel Cleansed

Stream the Hell Water, HERE!

Download the Egotistical Smarminess, HERE!

Listen into all my shows here.

You can subscribe to my show through iTunes here.

Monday night I filmed my show on FB live. A few weeks back my guest, and talented chartreuse, Phat Man Dee did this and we had over 100 people tuned in. Why not tonight? Then again, why the hell would anyone want to watch a radio show? Really, there is nothing exciting about this. OK, I do a bit of a song and dance during my show when I'm off mic, that's for sure. Other than that???

Lots of rockin' about on this night. New music spread throughout, including new Zig Zags, Crystal Fairy (Melvins side project), Ty Segall, Blind Shake, Meatbodies, King Gizzard, and Red Fang. Also, it's the 50th anniversary of the release of the first Doors record (feel old yet?).

I throw in some covers from Thee Headcoats (did you know Billy Childish was a renowned book translator?), Bob Seger (there's a good story I tell in there), Nicki Bluhm, Minutemen, and Bonnie "Prince" Billy.

I'm like a walking music encyclopedia for this show. Check it out and share it far and wide. I probably won't make it a habit of doing the FB live thing, because who wants to watch a DJ stand around picking their nose trying to decide what to play next?

Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

Ripping Death: Zig Zags
Chiseler: Crystal Fairy

The Only One: Ty Segall
The Crystal Ship: The Doors
Broken Racehorse: The Blind Shake

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love: Minutemen
Haunted History: Meatbodies
Steppin' In Her I Miller Shoes: Betty Davis

Let it Rock: Bob Seger
Superstar: Sonic Youth
Love Comes in Spurts: Thee Heacoats
By the Time I Get to Arizona: Public Enemy/Herb Alpert - Evolution Control Committee

Melting: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
I Can't Go for That: Nicki Bluhm and the Gramblers

Brazil: Frank Sinatra
Jesus Didn't Die For Me: Rube Waddell
Shadows: Red Fang

Elanore, Put Your Boots On: Franz Ferdinand
Here Comes Sunshine: Grateful Dead (04-02-1973 Boston Garden, Boston, MA)
Don't Come Home a-Drinking With Lovin' On Your Mind: Loretta Lynn

Thunder Road: Bonnie "Prince"Billy and Tortoise
Rebel Girl: Bikini Kill

Run, Devil Run/The Big Guns: Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins
Everything I Do Gonna Be Funky: Lou Donaldson
New Resolution: Heartless Bastards

No comments: