Monday, November 28, 2016

Hell's Kitchen Radio #282: 6th Annual ANNUAL ANNUAL - 2006


Stream another fine year, HERE!
Download your youth, HERE!
Listen into all my shows here, or just scroll down

Way way back in 2011 I had this desire to feature 1971 on my show. What a great year that was for music. This was when bands like Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones were still considered young and relevant. Following this show I made an executive decision to annually feature another great year during the month of November. Preparing for this year's show I was eager to share a more recent year with you. 2006 stood out to me even while we were deep in it. Taking a look at the playlist below I think you'll agree.

I didn't get to nearly all the artists and tracks I wanted to play during my sixth annual ANNUAL ANNUAL, but this here is smattering of the genius that was 2006.

If you're interested in my previous five ANNUAL ANNUAL shows, click the links below.

ANNUAL ANNUAL - 1971
ANNUAL ANNUAL - 1972
ANNUAL ANNUAL - 1973
ANNUAL ANNUAL - 1974
ANNUAL ANNUAL - 1975

See you next ANNUAL ANNUAL. Er, I mean see you next week.

Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song: The Flaming Lips
Black Mountain: Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan
Black Sweat: Prince

They Call Me Flava: Public Enemy
Aliens: Dr. Octagon
Living Proof: Cat Power

Jihad: Slayer
Run Devil Run/The Big Guns: Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins
Jams Run Free: Sonic Youth
Like the 309: Johnny Cash

Freya: The Sword
Beyond the Horizon: Bob Dylan
You Don't Know Me: Willie Nelson
Laugh/Love/Fuck: The Coup

A History of Drunks: The Melvins
Make Them Suffer: Cannibal Corpse
It Is Us: Mudhoney
Backstage Girl: DJ Shadow

What Keeps Mankind Alive: Tom Waits
If Looks Could Kill: Camera Obscura
Wherever You Go: Built To Spill
Mr. Tough: Yo La Tengo

Akuma No Kuma: Sunn O))) and Boris

One band that didn't make it onto the show this year was Texas' own Midlake. Their sophomore effort "The Trials of Van Occupanther" was a real winner in the Hell household starting in 2006. It still gets a lot of play during road trips. Below is the video for "Roscoe".


No comments: