Monday, February 29, 2016

Hell's Kitchen Radio #255: Are You Still Talking?

Stream the talkity-talk, HERE!
Download crazy shame HERE!
Listen into all my shows here, or just scroll down

It's LEAP DAY!!! I just thought I'd shout that out. Happy 7th birthday to my friend Drea, and 13th to my friend Paul. You're both so cute, but you look really old for your age.

I recently added the Drumpf extension to my Chrome. that means even if I type Trump into this blog, when I see it on my computer it'll say Drumpf. HA! Love it. I also added the Kardashian blocker, which kindly also blocks all-things Kanye, Kimye, and Jenner, and whatever other terms I add to it. I don't need the heartburn, knowhatimean? I can even add "John Hell" to it, and it'll block me! Wait, I don't mean to give any of you some wild idea. You need me. You need me to educate you on quality radio programming. You need me to school you on the newest of the new sounds going down in the uptown. I offer for your consideration the following playlist below.

Check out the first hour! So much classic rap and hip hop. I don't play nearly enough of this. I also feature legendary local hiphopsters: Kalri$$ian!!! They are blazing hot, and I cannot wait to get them into my bed, er...I mean, back in the studio. Yes. That is what I meant to say. Studio. Ahem. Check out their Twitter stream too. It's often NSFW, so you've been warned.

There's some good ol' fashion punk rock, Americana, psycho-swing, psychedelia, doom metal, spaghetti-western soundtrack music, new garage rock, and classic Ray Charles just because I can.

Tune in for the music, stay for the witty banter. I can't recall everything I said, but I'm fairly certain there's a quality rant in the somewhere.

Do you tune in for just the music? I want to know. Leave a comment about why you listen, what you enjoy, and what you would like more of (and yes: less of). I'm thinking of creating a simple survey for you all to take. Thanks for your input. I want to make this a show you look forward to each and every Monday night. Or perhaps you can just make a John Hell Blocker and then you won't have to worry about seeing anymore of this drivel.

Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

Burn Hollywood, Burn: Public Enemy
Spoonie's Back: Spoonie G
Am I Black Enough For You? Schooly D

High Plains Drifter: Beastie Boys
Medicine Cabinet: Kalri$$ian
The Gong Show Theme: Chuck Barris and Milton DeLugg
Damballa: The Pharaohs
Fried Pies: Wes Montgomery Trio

Hedges: Naked Lights
Like Calling Up Thunder: Gun Club
I'm So Bored with the USA: The Clash
Something I Said?: Ray Condo and his Ricochets

King of California: Dave Alvin
March of the Beggars: Ennio Morricone

Dead or Alive: Dale Crover
Mortal Fire: Black Elk Medicine Band
New Trawgs III: Sic Alps

Most Anything You Want: Iron Butterfly
Run Run Run: White Fence
Whipping Post: Frank Zappa (live)

Kofuku - Now, Apocalypse: Low Flying Hawks

Shrinking Moon For You: Wooden Shjips
Greenbacks: Ray Charles

Have you been following the clown car that is the GOP debates? Then you have to see this!!!

No comments: