Monday, January 25, 2016

Hell's Kitchen Radio #251: Stone Cold Mugger


Stream the cold chill, HERE!
Download impossible beat down, HERE!
Listen into all my shows here, or just scroll down

Tonight was all about me blindly pulling music from my deep and vast music library, and putting together sets that I thought you would enjoy on the fly. I think you'll enjoy what you hear. There's some new music from Ty Segall, Spacin', Zig Zags, and Earthless, some funky remixes of Nick Cave and Billie Holiday. You get some garage rock, funk, pop, psych, blues, and rap. What more could you ask for in a radio show?

Do you have any idea how lucky you are to have Radio Valencia at your fingertips. Tune in all the time. You'll be glad you did.

You have until Friday, February 5th to send me your deadpoop list for my 2016 Run For The Lilies. Send me a list of 10 famous people you believe will meet their maker by December 31, 2016. The only rule: you cannot participate in their demise. Please send your list to mrjohnhell@gmail.com




See you next Monday night, where I'll be doing a tribute to Paul Kantner, founder of the Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, and Starship, who passed away on Thursday of septic shock following a heart attack days earlier. He was 74. Just another mighty blow to the rock world in this young year.





Enjoy.

jh

Hell's Kitchen with John Hell
Mondays 8-10PM
Radio Valencia in SF
http://radiovalencia.fm

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Follow Radio Valencia on Twitter
Follow Radio Valencia on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram

Take Me To The Water/I'm Going Back Home: Nina Simone
End To End: Earthless

Giving Up The Ghost: Zig Zags
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow: The Mummies
Lieutenant Uhuru: Three Stoned Men
Lesson One: Stone Cold Boners

***Set of the night***
Diversion: Ty Segall and the Muggers
Youth of America: Melvins
Starman: David Bowie

U.S. Ruse: Spacin'
Use Me: Bill Withers
Free the Freaks: CCR Headcleaner

Like A Rolling Stone: Jimi Hendrix with Butterfield Blues Band and BB King (April 15, 1968 Generation Club - New York City, NY)
Arnold Layne: Pink Floyd (September 13, 1967 Star Club, Copenhagen, DK)
Que Sera Sera: Doris Day
Since You've Been Gone: James Brown

Don't Believe the Hype: Public Enemy
Shapes of Things: Jeff Beck Group
Super Heathen Child: Grinderman (Fripp remix)
Sweetness: Yes

Strange Fruit (Tricky Remix): Billy Holiday
Black Mountain: Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan
Anti-Drug PSA: James Brown
I Say Fuck: Supersuckers

As promised, here's the BBC documentary on how Bowie's "Heroes" was made, as related by producer Tony Visconti. Brilliant!


I absolutely flip every time I see the Melvins perform this tune live. Here's an excellent version:

No comments: